Khodorkovsky has declared its readiness to become president

This statement was the former head of Yukos was made at a conference in Paris on Saturday, 20 September. At the same time he said that to him "it is not necessary a problem».

"I would not be fun to be president of the Russian Federation as the country is developing normally - said Khodorkovsky. - If the question will arise that will be needed to overcome the crisis and make the constitutional reform, which is a major redistribution of presidential power in favor of the court, parliament and civil society, this part of the work I will be ready to perform ».

Speech by Mikhail Khodorkovsky in Paris was part of the famous French festival left newspaper "Le Monde».

Answering the questions of the journalists Peter Smolar, who led the event, Mikhail Khodorkovsky also spoke about his time in prison, reluctance to engage in business, his vision of Russia's future and launching platform "Open Russia", which took place earlier this morning in Paris.

At the same time, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, once said that in the near future is not going to engage in politics. "Even now I can do it again: I'm not involved in politics - he said. - I will deal with the activities that I believe the public, and if someone thinks its political, ok, I have no objection ».

In addition, the former owner of Yukos said Western sanctions against Russia, calling them a "mistake." According to Khodorkovsky, the adoption of measures against Moscow "consolidate society around Putin».

Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting