Overview electric scooter EcoReco M3 E-Scooter

When I told my Kolegov I got M3 for review, they envy rushed down to the garage to look at this miracle of technology. But I was not talking about the legendary sports car of the day BMW M3, but the EcoReco M3, electric scooter. In contrast to the "Boomer" Scooter M3 driven by electricity, it folds up for easy storage and accelerates up to 32 km / h.

Design and specifications h4> As usual scooter, elektrosamokat M3 includes deck with wheels and a steering column with handles. But instead of a foot drive in the deck are lithium-ferrofosfatnye batteries that feed the 250-watt electric motor in the rear wheel.

Scooter Parts made of thick aluminum, imparting a sense of reliability scooter. Hard rubber wheels means more roll forward, but less depreciation when driving. Front shock absorber with a little spring helps quite a bit. There is a very convenient stand that allows you to leave the scooter upright anywhere.

On the steering wheel are controls containing handbrake handle accelerator, the power button and a round LCD display that shows speed, battery or odometer readings. Cables and wires coming from the steering wheel in the steering column, and then the deck. Feels cable insulation could be better.

The set includes himself scooter and battery charger is a black box that connects to the 110-volt network and charge the scooter through the charging socket. The charge level is displayed on the LCD-display, also at the charger has a LED that glows green when charging is complete. According EcoReco, a full charge takes 4.5 hours, charging is up to 80% takes only 2.5 hours. The company also points out that the use of lithium-batteries ferrofosfatnye retain the capacity up to 2000 charge-discharge cycles.

Black alyuiminevaya frame scooter M3 makes it more like an adult vehicle, rather than a child's toy.

Introduction h4> When I got elektrosamokat M3, he was charged, and I started looking for the tests. I set foot on deck, stepped on the accelerator and ... nothing. I turned off and turned it on, but it still did not work.

Finally, leafing through the instructions printed on environmentally friendly paper inferior, I found that it is necessary to start to push off foot and only after giving a certain moment the accelerator can be activated. This, apparently, a useful feature that prevents the risk of unwanted or accidental activation.

When I understood this, I began to rush up and down the halls of the office CNET. On the deck there is enough space for my legs and I was able to reduce the speed for careful driving around the office cells. The engine did not give overrun, so I could slow down using the accelerator handle only - engine braking.

The brake, which stops only rear wheel scooter at the very adequate. For safety reasons, press on the brake off the motor, so that in the event of panic pressing both handles scooter still stop.

In search of adventure I took the scooter M3 in Treasure Island, a man-made island in the center of the beach of San Francisco. Deciding to go round or two on the island, I jumped on the scooter and went. And just a few things became apparent. Firstly, on the uneven pavement ride was far from comfortable. Vibration scooter surrendered hard on my ankles, and the longer I went, the worse it gets. When you travel on the pavement of the vibration, I barely focused on the road.

Location LCD-display on the right arm hurt to follow the speed. The central location would be more convenient. The display is backlit, easy-to-dark, but M3 does not have a scooter front and rear lights. White lights at the front and red at the rear would make a scooter is much safer to drive at night.

LCD-display has several modes: speedometer, odometer and battery indicator.

Not immediately, but I squeezed the accelerator to the maximum. But judging by the display, I only reached 24 km / h, in contrast to the declared 32 km / h. I weigh about 82 kg, and I think it's not a very big burden for a scooter.

Completing the circle around the island, I overcame the 5.3 kilometer, according to the odometer, and I was not able to continue this punitive trip. To be honest, the smooth concrete ride was quite acceptable, but I met a lot of areas where the ride was very uncomfortable. Over 5.3 kilometers of charge indicator has lost 2 of 5 bar that too much. EcoReco claims 32 kilometer, but the pace would be good to drive at least 16, if I could go to him for so long.

Later, I took a ride on a scooter M3 hilly streets of San Francisco. Speeding on a flat road, I continued on up the hill. Once stored up momentum over, the scooter has slowed down to a stop. Built-in motor is not enough to continue to rise. I tried at least a steep hill and got the same result. This electric scooter does not have enough power to overcome the urban environment of San Francisco.

Charging Port is just behind the footrest.

EcoReco established M3 e-scooter as a means of overcoming the "last kilometer", as something that you can take with you on a commuter train or bus, then get to the final destination. Thus, the scooter is intended to be folded. I noticed that the steering column add up to a deck, but the mechanism of folding handlebar sometimes quite moody. Since the folding mechanism must support the weight of the rider, this loop has to be very strong, and as a result it is not always easy to budge.

After I put the scooter M3, I was able to pick it up for the steering column. However, 15 kilograms - a few more of the weight, which can be worn on the flight of stairs every day. The strap or handle could facilitate this task.

Conclusion h4> EcoReco set a price of $ 999 for the M3 e-scooter, making it more expensive for the casual buyer. Other electric scooters usually cost about half that price. But M3 weighs less than most others, and claimed the number of charge-discharge cycles requires a longer operation than other scooters.

For this price I expected more opportunities, such as the above-mentioned headlamps. But what really leaves a bad vpechatelnie is the ride quality. If you do not live in an area with a very smooth asphalt, you do not want to ride on it as a long time.

P.S. From translator: I have a simple scooter without shock absorbers, but even with him walking on paved paths of the park is transformed into an entertainment event. On the coarse-grained asphalt, of course, there is vibration and ringing, but still nice to ride. I do not know why the author is so berates vibration.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/235249/

Tags

See also

New and interesting