How to make a high-quality design with a limited budget?

Often when discussing the problem with the customer, find out the cost of the project, the customer is lost, because he had very different expectations. The customer is looking for another designer finds, gets him a terrible result, everyone loses. Sound familiar?

I want to tell you how you can make high-quality design with a limited budget.

Example. The customer budget 100,000 on website design and it certainly needs superkrutoy designer who would be willing to make a design within that budget. Suppose the customer lucky and he found a professional designer who praised the work of 200 thousand rubles. Two scenarios: the first - to bring down the price, the second - find another designer. I>

What do you think the customer? H4> To me, this designer is not suitable, because it's expensive and I'm not willing to pay as much. If you pay him less, then it will not work properly or something like. What happens next? The customer chooses from the remaining candidates and compare them with each other by the criterion of price - quality. And choose within their budget, "acceptable" quality. The customer is satisfied, thinking that saved money, work in full swing, but the result is not happy.

Time to design ends must be programmed to impose and, eventually take embodiment, as in the beginning of "acceptable" quality, just to start. Apparent loss: the time has gone, the money is spent, there is no result. At a new stage begin to search for a new designer, but with the same approach to the search. History repeats itself.

How to act professional? H4>
He is trying to arrange to do this project within the client's budget, but with a constant quality. You may have to sacrifice some chips, something to remove or delay to the next iteration, but the quality remains the same. Professional can not work somehow. Because it is unprofitable to run poorly, the result is a shame to put in the portfolio, reputation ruined, and the customer is forced to redo everything.

Scene from the film "The Professional" directed by Georges Lautner with Jean-Paul Belmondo in the title role. I>

If you pay less than the designer will work something like - this is misleading. The reality is that if a person does not know how to do something or does something like, how much did you tell him not to pay better than he does, simply because they have not learned. Professional if he took up the project, there will be moonlight, regardless of the size of the budget, as reputation is more expensive. I>

Project. Customer. The budget. H4>
In my work I use the principle peeped Yana Frank. The principle is simple and effective, it greatly helps make the right choice: "To take or not to take the order?". Brother, when two of the three components are positive, such as: "An interesting project, a good budget, but the customer bore." And so in different combinations - an interesting project, adequate customer, but a lousy budget. And do not take it, when two of the three components are negative. For example, no budget can not compensate for inadequate customer and idiotic project.

No h4> When the designer tells you "no" or the amount for which you do not want to - it's just the beginning of negotiations. Most customers accept "no" as a final answer and go. Find other designers, it is easy to agree to all your conditions, you said "yes", you end up with lousy results. Such is the price of a quick "yes". Do not go away, continue negotiations. If you like the designer, close to his approach and attitude, why do you sacrifice quality and look for another designer?

Output. Professional ready to work on a limited budget, the quality remains the same. The project should be interesting, and the customer is appropriate. I>

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/233803/

Tags

See also

New and interesting