Georgia 2014

On the way from the airport striking large number of old apartment buildings of the Soviet period. They grow decrepit and it seems that since the Soviet times they are not repaired even once.

And then - modern buildings of glass and concrete time Michael S. House of Justice.

Bridge across the Kura.

Everywhere Georgian flag side by side with the flag of the European Union. Sometimes blue star even more. The guide asked "why and why?". He said he would like to, say, the European Union and very there already signed association and, therefore, is about to be there, so the flags. I did not persuade naive Zurab. Despite the fact that Georgia had dreams of being in the EU to pass pedestrians on the "zebra" Georgians are not learned. They will go - even not impede.

In our hotel at the reception even wormed NATO flag. Here, apparently, especially in Europe want. In fact, many Georgians are my questions about European integration met with skepticism, disbelief in the bright European future.

Generally, Tbilisi is very original, colorful, bright, tasty, noisy, smelling the southern city.

The confluence of the Kura and Aragvi and the first capital of Georgia - Mtskheta.

Meditate man.

The sacrificial lamb for the fence of the temple over the precipice. He sits back there, poor, waiting in the wings.

Santa at the walls of the church in Mtskheta.

Father David receives lists of names for the health and for the peace. Cheerful such inquisitive. He asks us how we settled. If something does not suit, then here's a card the best hotels in Mtskheta, and pulled out from under the robes of his jeans pocket this same business card.

In the area of ​​hydrogen sulfide baths. I do not have time to go. But next time - sure.

Just streets.

Quite a European.

There are not really. Carpet store.

View from the balcony of our hotel.

In search of dinner.

Strange houses some homeless women.

The Soviet architectural heritage. Mosaic.

The building of the former Ministry of Railways. Architectural innovations always first was introduced into the Transcaucasian republics.

Such shops are everywhere.

Souvenirs.

And matchless Georgian wine. A liter of good "Kindzmarauli" on tap - 300 rubles. Also, drinking this, as we have sworn, "Khvanchkara" - 600 rubles per glass. Really cool. Even if it is not "Hvanchkara».

Snack amazing khinkali 12 rubles apiece.

Skewers, 200 rubles for a large portion.

Very tasty lemonade "from a child," but in bottles, similar to vodka. 20-30 rubles per half liter.

​​

A lot of beggars. Cling professionally for hairy leg tourist and ask for money very pitiful. Do not let go until you give a couple of coins. I, too, fell victim.

Just beautiful Tbilisi.

And yet there is a flea market chic.

And such avtomobilchiki beside him. Perhaps this came to work one of the saleswomen.

As well as a large market where they sell works of Georgian artists and other masters of different genres of fine art.

Here, I bought a picture of the kitchen. 8 thousand - canvas, without frame and subframe.

--img43--

Tags

See also

New and interesting