Restoration. Good advice

On retrofeste in Sokolniki to my car came modest intelligent man of 55 years. I walked around the car, looked under the hood, in the interior, sat down and looked under the bottom, and then went on to tell that the restoration did I do wrong, departing from the original.

His name was Andrew, and found that more than 30 years ago, he served on such a car driver in the operating Armed Forces General Staff of the USSR.

20 photos.

By itself, this fact is not much primechtatelen because a lot of people saw in his time Gas-2424 and remember that where there were hung, was screwed and how it works. But Andrew was special. He and his colleagues took a great interest in photography and had the opportunity and time in service to chronicle. Andrew kindly invited me to visit, in order to show their photo archives. Today, I went to him. What can I say? Perhaps today it is the only detailed photo of the original dogonyalok the service.

General Staff of Defense depot located at Park Kultury metro and served senior army officials of the agency to the rank of marshal

The car, which had served Andrew wore number with numbers 22-22. Move it to the Marshal of the Soviet Union, the chief of the General Staff of cinder. Upon receipt of the base it was installed special relationship Altai, and in the center of the front roof original antenna. Base she had textolite, looked telescopic pin, but it was solid machined and formed. Antenna inside the car rose and fell with the rotary knob. According to Andrei putting the antenna in front of traffic cop then allowed to perform any maneuvers and means that the car is not moving and just perform operational tasks

What year is your unknown, but judging by the external attributes, such as bumper reflectors and t.dvypuschena it was until 1976. Pay attention to the inscription on the top TOSOL radiator tank

By car to impose import fog lights. according to the memoirs of Andrei, production GDR yellow and centered flashing blue light. SSU on cars lacking.

At the beginning of 1980 in anticipation of the Olympic Games domestic traffic police with possession of machines were removed blue signal lights. But the military has always had a special relationship with the Ministry of Interior. The most daring passengers asked the driver to take them just for the radiator lattice.

The rest were given a task to install SSU. To the speaker could not be seen from the inside of the regular lattice on the sides set another half sawn lattice. At the same time on the machines installed new antennas for Altai. Exactly in the center of the roof canopy over the salon. Remove old did not

This is also a catch-up. Second on the basis of the General Staff. Her passenger was Marshal Kulikov, commander of the Warsaw Pact, which ordered to remove the front room. It was a kind of Soviet fashion of the period. Rear license plate was installed 7373 MMZH

Another great car with a base. note on the mirror. Right mirror from GAZ-21. Left two gas-24. On the wing and on the door.

Altai apparatus was in the car right in the middle under the control levers stove. so before he could reach and the driver and passenger.

New rear mirror glass imported. They say there was a terrible shortage of

Sometimes the car gets into an accident. Here, for example after a collision with a pedestrian.

On the basis of the General Staff were two ZIS on conservation. in the 80th year of their write in one of the southern Soviet republics

Camera conscript fixed and what was happening outside. Directions tuple Olympic flame, for example.

This mega rarity. According to Andrew, the letter refers to the degree to pass for admission to the Olympic venues.

Often, dachas, where quartered marshals, you could see an interesting car. This Mercedes belonged to the son of one of the marshals

And this seems to be used for personal purposes

source

Tags

See also

New and interesting