LG G3: the outside and inside of the clear world of the smartphone

Late last year, many were surprised and delighted smartphone LG G2. After years of middling release and very very low cost devices LG suddenly showed a flagship capable of standing in line with counterparts from Samsung and Sony. Furthermore, on a number of parameters - camera battery life, sound quality headphones - G2 other flagships excellent. Probably the only thing that could find fault, so it is a lack of microSD slot in the Russian version of the machine. But 32 gigabytes - not so small volume. And if you do not carry a powerful video library, it is sufficient, even maniac like me.

Since then, the LG generally somehow was adjusted in the mobile market. Went great smartshet (or Phablet if anything) G Pro, appeared cheap but very decent tablet G Pad. And because there was no reason to doubt that the heir LG G2 also got smart. However, considering how powerful and harmonious received the device, I did not think that the heir will be until the autumn. It was quite possible to release some improved version by adding, for example, the coveted slot for flash drives. But LG thought otherwise, and now all the shelves of the country is the new flagship of LG G3. This is not a cosmetic upgrade, but a fundamentally different device.

Brightness Screen LG G2 (left) and G3 exhibited by 66%. But G2 is clearly not enough, and for G3 - with an excess of i>

LG G3 was significantly larger than its already rather big predecessor. Screen size is 5.46 inch, and despite the very narrow confines of the sides of the matrix, the device still claims to be the biggest smartphone flagship. At least, it is wider Sony Xperia Z2 and longer Samsung Galaxy S5. Personally, I think that for a smartphone, which is constantly in the pocket, such dimensions are redundant. Yes, and to the upper corners of the screen to reach does not work even after the operation capacity of the thumb. Of course, for games and a big screen movie is fun, but unfortunately or fortunately, we play and watch soap operas is not permanent.

From left to right - Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G3 and Sony Xperia Z2 i>

However, I know - why LG stopped on this screen. Its resolution is astounding 2560h1440 points. This is only slightly less than the MacBook Pro screen Retina, but there is a diagonal of 13 inches, and there is almost three times less. So the clarity is phenomenal, 538 DPI. Another issue is that it is not easy to discern. A few days ago I began to examine carefully the screen LG G3 and compare it with the G2. And with some surprise that I do not feel the difference. And clearly there, and there. Had to call a young daughter who, not knowing about the characteristics of the matrix G3, said that her picture is more clear. But she had to get accustomed. And would have been just a little less than the diagonal, see the difference would have been beyond the power of even the sharp eyes of a child.

Before the Xperia Z Ultra new flagship LG yet falls short in size, but also just a baby on his background does not look i>

Any special experiences growing up once permission could be obtained. Assuming that I interfere satiety and skepticism, I took a week with G3, and then returned to G2. And what do you think? No effect of cancellation. There's clearly - and clearly there. So consider me a reactionary, but Quad HD smartphone - it is certainly nice, but not necessary. Photo smartphones professionally treated film in "native" resolution pull at least 10 GB, and thus will not be visually different from the analog in Full HD.

If you put next LG G3 (bottom) and G2, so download both the same picture with a lot of small parts, the G3, certainly looks more advantageous. But how often do we do this in real life? I>

There is no doubt that all the leaders of tomorrow will use a matrix Quad HD, and LG a pleasure to talk about his championship. But then, perhaps, iron and slightly updated. Meanwhile, in a standard G3 stands Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (operating frequency up to 2.5 GHz) with a minimum standard graphics core Adreno 330. In devices with Full HD their performance is quite nice and even redundant. But here they have to constantly maintain nearly twice the resolution, and if in everyday tasks is unobtrusive, the 3D-games like Asphalt 8, some ... strained noticeable. Incidentally, in the benchmark Antutu G3 shows a bit worse than the G2, and this is explained by the transcendent resolution. This unit gives me the association with the first generation 13-inch MacBook Pro screen Retina, where built into the Core of the 3rd generation graphics core at the limit, and sometimes under severe stress "was tired." Came fourth generation Core - and now everything is flying. But the free replacement for the users is not provided ...

The camera in the LG G2, as I wrote, is just great, and I do not just have to use it instead of the main camera when shooting working. The results were pretty and readers, and myself. In G3 did not increase the resolution (13 megapixels really enough), but added the laser autofocus. Compared to peers (usually used in smartphones contrasting type) laser allows rapid determination of the distance to the subject and reduce focusing time to 0.27 seconds.

Quick AF whether in LG G3? Yes, very fast. But not faster than the Xperia Z2, iPhone 5s or Galaxy S (the latter is true, we have to wait for it to start the camera application, the Samsung chip is such). I compared and in sunlight, and in the mid-lit room - everywhere flagships were roughly on a par. Compared with G2 acceleration in low light is very significant, but there's a specific thing in features leisurely photo module. As for the quality of the shooting, it is, by the feeling is the same - a very, very good. Photograph can now just one click on the screen and it is very cute borrowing from Windows Phone.

Here are some examples of photos taken in the dim light and in bright sunlight. Originals can be one archive download this link .

Battery capacity at G3 remained the same, 3000 mAh. Given the increased diagonal and the increased load on the SoC, a virtually guaranteed two days on a single charge, I'm used to G2, had to forget. Now this is one light day. Guaranteed. But one.

With meter distance LG G3 looks metallic, but in fact it is so clever plastic. The back cover is removable, and there - a miracle! - Found a slot for cards microSD. But the rubber pads as in Galaxy S5, not here at LG decided not to make the flagship moisture resistance. Honestly, sorry. After a swim in the pool with the Galaxy S5 I nasnimal many unusual photos and videos that are now without a phone in water - or foot.

The official photo shows all the possible (at the moment) color G3 i>

Sheath Android version LG produces a calm impression. It has changed significantly compared to the LG G2, becoming more rigorous and concise. Still here on mode two clicks on the screen (which appeared originally in Nokia, Sony and then repeated in Z2) and add "snap" your password when you can just knock you on known areas of the screen - and the device is unlocked. We were pleased with the ability to change the size of the keyboard, which can be stretched at least half of the screen, and you can Pritula below. Still shell lacks integrity ... or something. Prior to the monolithic style Sony and HTC still have to think.

The sound of the headphones is very good. It makes sense to connect the relatively expensive model, not only complete sets - the device will allow them to demonstrate their capabilities in full force. But again, we must remember the G2, which plays no worse.

G3 thickness is approximately the same as in the G2, but the novelty looks more elegant because of the greater part of the rounded rear i>

Before you jump to conclusions, let's take a look G3 still inside. Suddenly there is found something unusual.

Inside

Рассказывая internals LG G2 , I said that it made quite a significant step forward compared to its predecessors. Completing there the first time for LG were normal, and not as a "Chinese" middling. However, in general engineering decision was controversial: microphones, charging, vibration motor, and a number of other components hung on a huge loop, making it difficult to build and could serve as a source of breakdowns in the operation.

In LG G3 made another important step: it contains no loops at all. All the components are located on the motherboard. Some doubt has caused long "legs" that leads to the bottom of the smartphone, but empirically revealed that she is very strong and elastic, and is secured in the housing. So break it accidentally dropped a smartphone with an inserted plug the charger or headphones will not work.

LG G3 co lid removed i>

We remove the middle layer i>

The motherboard on both sides i>

Generally, the interior is simple and somehow not in Korean elegant. LG G3 versed in seconds, and it does not require anything other than a screwdriver. Accustomed to the opening of water-resistant vehicles, where no soldering station can not go far, so very surprising ease.

Memory card slot and SIM cards combined, and with it we must be careful to measure. He does not like when it is inserted into the nano-SIM with an adapter. If the last leaves at least a small gap connector pins in it will certainly get bogged down, and by using force, you simply snap off. So I advise not to experiment, and simply change the nano-micro sim.

Composite connector. Next to him, an unknown Korean master again left us some message i>

Funny, that the electrical system in the LG G3 implemented on exactly the same components as the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. In general, the master Levchenko noticed some similarities in design .... I wholeheartedly congratulate Samsung engineers so that their ideas are inspired by the competitors.

The camera module is very similar to the counterpart in the LG G2. Most likely, it's just he is. Front camera, it seems, also migrated from the precursor. And plug-like, and the resolution had exactly the same - 2.1 megapixels. Against the background of 5 or even 8 megapixels, which offers fans "sebyachek" business colleagues, quite modest. However, self-portraits produced quite decent, I checked. Spread, however, will not - my face is unlikely someone will appreciate.

I would also like to praise the headphone jack, which is made removable. He is the weak link in all smartphones - then plug rough slide, the water to flow. Replacing it requires quite a neat soldering, and in some case it is necessary at all to change the entire lower loop that quite expensive. In the case of the LG G3 just need to remove the old plug and put the new one. Given the ease of disassembly of the device, it's literally five minutes. Bravo, LG!

All the details LG G3 in one frame. Comparable to the zoo LG G2 (below) i>

Evaluating the design of G3 in general, we can say that the Korean engineers have almost not surprised, but pleased. The new flagship is arranged simply and even elegant. Everything in it is enchanted by the production of large print runs with minimal costs. It's nice that in the course of numerous simplifications are not splashed with water baby. Compared with G2 new device is very simple, but this simplicity is expensive.

Total

Given the high standard set by a little more than six months ago, I personally waited much of G3. And, as is often the case with high expectations, the reality was somewhat more modest.

LG G3, certainly explanatory apparatus. But the super-screen, which became noticeable limiter performance and reduce battery life, does not become a real killer feature. Check in every cabin: brightness and wide viewing angles notice much easier than super fine.

If you like big smartphones and want a modern model with a great screen, one of the best in the market of mobile cameras and sound in headphones - LG G3 can be taken safely. Enjoy. Price, however, the official online store until a tall, 29 990 rubles, but in a less prestigious locations G3 can easily take over 23 000. This hints at a substantial margin of dumping prices.

But the output of the new flagship does not negates the existence of excellent in all respects LG G2, which officially costs 19 990, and unofficially - only 14,000! For six months he was not out of date, and given the price reduction was a very interesting option. It will be easy to wait for LG G4.

The author thanks Alexander Levchenko ( www.tech-town.ru ) for their help in preparing this article h5>

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/vilianov_inc/blog/230361/

Tags

See also

New and interesting