Veteran of the Great Patriotic War of the accident in the subway

He went on Troekurov cemetery to visit the grave of his wife. Colonel-General Stychinsky, participant Battle of Kursk and Korsun-Shevchenskovskoy operations, was wounded twice at the front, and in the tunnel only got bruises.
- I was in the car in which all affected - said Sergey "Evening Moscow". - It was between 8.30 and 8.40 am. The train suddenly began to jam on the brakes. Our car collided with the front, there was an outbreak. Hit, we all fell to the floor. The lights went out. Everyone is waiting for instructions, but they are not.
In the dark, the lights lit up - it's younger passengers included flashlights in mobile phones. It became a little less scary. And then the smoke. Then men began to beat the doors and windows of the car.
- Some jumped through the window, but I, like much of the passengers did not go. We got through the door, but when the smoke became big. Down at the exit of the car, was a strong man. He picked me up in his arms.
Sergey was in the tunnel, ankle-deep in mud. A girl named Julia (her name he did not have time to learn) gave him her hand, and the veteran went after her on the tracks. Walked, holding on to each other, a kilometer and a half in the dark, until they reached the site. There's already a lifeguard. A woman gave to drink all the water. The elevator rises to the top of the victims. However, Sergey prefers to call them in the military - the wounded.
- Injured bear arms, shoulders, on a stretcher, - says Sergey Stychinsky. - Bloody wounds, broken face, broken hands ... When they were taken, began to raise the rest. Gathered so many people that it was proposed: skip forward elderly and the sick.
And 90-year-old war hero ... right to identify themselves as it did not want to. Well, what is he an old man, the more patient? - I stood to the side, so you were not ashamed. I could not miss the first all women and even young girls. Rose among the latter.

Kutuzov Avenue near the medical service has been deployed. In the "emergency" was loaded stretcher with victims. Sergey offered to go to the hospital for Mozhayskoe. He greatly hurt his right leg and his head, shaking hands. But the veteran refused hospitalization. Went home, even he tried to cook dinner. Then, of course, had to call the doctor.
- My hands were trembling not from fear, but from a large physical exertion and from what I swallowed the smoke, - says Colonel General Stychinsky. - Can it be compared with what I experienced at the front? How do you say? It was terrible ... But I'm not scared! I was cool. I always went to the war front. In the offensive - in the first circuit, the first line of battle. In defense - in the first trench. I was one of the first Red Army gunners, ended the war commander of the battery self-propelled units.
Sergei Alexandrovich pleasantly surprised by the behavior of passengers, their readiness for mutual help and self-organization. He talks about it in terms that were in vogue in the days of his youth, and now sound a bit old-fashioned. However, this probably is the highest recognition - the new generation was worthy of his contemporaries that they can be said the same words.
 - I want to say thanks to them, or rather, let them all say thank you to each other. I liked all those who went to the train. Courageous, cold-blooded, no one panicked. All proved to be at the highest level, moral and ethical and political. For me it was a new and unexpected impression.

Source: vm.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting