Film 1 + 1. The history behind the scenes

The real story, which became the basis for the movie "1 + 1", about the friendship between a criminal and a former aristocrat.

Their first meeting will forever be remembered Abdel Cellou. It was a rainy December day in 1994. From the employment service came another announcement: "It takes a companion and helper to care for paralyzed patients." For Cellou it was familiar: come, get a signed notice to then show it to the employment service.

By the age of 23 he had already Abdel half year stay in prison for robbery. Upon his release, he found work in a pizzeria, but there he was so bored that he had done all that it was fired. For two years he lived on the dole without feeling the slightest remorse.

Address potential job was on the Avenue Leopold II, in the 16th arrondissement, one of the most exclusive areas of the French capital. Once at the gate of a drowning man in the green house, Abdel momentarily dumbfounded. He pressed the intercom and asked timidly: "It's about the work. Assistant required here? "The answer was a polite quiet voice:" Come in, sir! »

The building not only hit the grand size, but also the richness of interior decoration. Paintings of famous artists, gilding, furniture in the Empire style, inlaid tables - at the sight of this magnificence Abdel speechless.

When a man sitting in a wheelchair, head movement invited him to come closer, Abdul gave him a look.

- Good morning, you could not sign on this paper? - Abdel asked. - It is necessary for unemployment benefits.

The man in the wheelchair immediately responded: "Can not you see that I'm paralyzed? I can not do myself. That's why I need a man who would help me ».

Philippe Pozzo di Borgo impressed unbridled energy he felt about this guy. He was tired of the pity, he would shake.

- Are you interested in my proposal? - He asked Abdel.

Interested ?! This is too much! But like the poor fellow, forever confined to a wheelchair, I had nothing to lose Abdel.

Abdul Yamin Cellou brought to Paris from Algeria when he was four years old. His adopted childless relatives. For large Arab families living in the north of Africa, there is nothing unusual in the fact that the child is given to childless families.

Oh, what-what, and in the strictness of new parents Abdel could not be to blame. It in no way limited. He was not banned until late watching TV on Sundays. Nobody checked whether he goes to school, he learns. No one is not particularly interested in where he is reeling for days. Abdel full advantage granted him total freedom.

What he just did not hunted at school took from primary school students new shoes; stole goods from the shelves in the supermarkets; snatched cameras at careless tourists at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. Countless times he was detained for theft. Shortly after Abdel turned 18, he was in prison.

Nothing in your past life has not prepared the young offender to the daily care of the disabled. And there were many. Massaging Philip stomach to improve blood circulation; transfer it into a chair; spread his arms and legs so that the patient was comfortable; wear shoes.

Together, they brought the case, but gradually Abdel attached to his charge. Here's how he wrote about it in his autobiography: "Faced with a man who had such fortitude, that in such a situation not lost the ability to laugh, I realized that we share much more than a job or a moral duty. He opened my eyes to a world that I hated: the world of people who have had everything in life ».

Before the accident, which occurred during a flight on a paraglider, Philip, a descendant of an old aristocratic family, was a co-owner of the house champagnes Pommery House. Becoming disabled, deprived of the opportunity to enjoy the sport and movement, he gave himself three times the energy of intellectual pleasures. Abdel hours turned the pages of books, which was not the end.

- Well, do you have a thick book - Abdel sighed and added sarcastically: - This book can easily stun cop!

Education Abdel mainly took place on the street and not at school. But over time, standing over his shoulder at the owner, he, too, had begun to read. In the silence of the mansion Abdul rummaged in the library choosing a book interesting.

- Abdel, set vertically word defrocked.

In the evening, Philip loved to play scrabble. Abdel grumbled but did as he was asked. "Defrocked, uh, well, you and say. Is there such a word? »

Philip immediately explained: "defrocked - a priest who voluntarily waived his or her rank or deprived him for some offense." Abdel, who did not like to lose, grabbed the dictionary to check whether it is not cheating. All these strange words tired him no less than nights spent at the police station, where nothing else to do, he felt squares on the ceiling of the chamber.

In 2000, when Philip began to write the book, he was waiting for a surprise. Abdul, who in his life and the two lines has not suddenly volunteered to take notes from dictation Philip. Abdul admits: "For me, the years spent with Pozzo, equivalent to twenty years of study».

At night, Abdul, concurrently Acting chauffeur cavalierly enjoyed the host's machine. Once in the police knocked the door of the mansion. After talking with law enforcement officers Philip quipped: "Well, Abdel, our Jaguar crying?»

Unlocks was useless. However, Abdel tried to explain: "I have always said that this machine is very dangerous." Then, hesitating, he added: "Well, I am guilty. I do not fit into the rotation. Here are the keys to the car. That's all that was left of it ».

In 2002, the birthday godson Philip, who turned 18 years old, Abdel invited a stripper. Philip was beside himself with anger. "Do not you dare do such a thing, if it was the birthday of your son!»

After each offense Philippe tried to reason with his protege. When he learned that Abdel, an incorrigible womanizer, he threw another boring girlfriend, Philip read him the whole notation.

- The woman - not a commodity, not a thing. Before it is necessary to bow, it must be respected. You will understand it when you get married: that's when you'll be ready to give his life for his darling.

Abdel looked after Philip for a decade. In 2004 they both went to Sidon, a city in northeastern Morocco. Philippe was looking for a more suitable climate for themselves. Abdel, as usual, was thirsty for new experiences.

At the hotel where they were staying, Abdul liked pretty young manageress called Amal. When he first saw her, he felt a strange feeling of "Nude" - such as what he experienced when meeting with Philip. Walking with Amal on the beach, Abdel uncomfortable. "Abdel, I like you, - decided to make the first move Amal - but if you want to be with me, you have to marry me».

Philip watched them from afar, later recalled: "In that day, when I saw, with some reverence, tenderness with which it holds misogynist arm Amal trusting him, I realized that it took an important change." Philip was not mistaken. "If I had not met in the life of Philip, most likely, Amal would be another fleeting fun" - says Abdel.

Today, 42-year-old Abdul, Amal and their three children live in Paris. "Notice what their birth dates 05/05, 06/06 and 07/07. You see how I am strong in math "- laughing Abdel. If it is not in Paris, then he is in Algeria, in the town of Djelfa, where his poultry farm.

Philip lives in Morocco with his second wife Kadey. When they arrive in Paris, then they stop at Amalie and Abdel, the owners are moving into the living room to sleep, freeing the guest bedroom. "I still care about him," - explains Abdel.

Philip remained for Abdel real Jedi. Aside from the fact that they no longer live under the same roof, in their relationship has not changed. "We talk about everything, for us there is no taboo. He gave me his wheelchair, to serve as a support for me in my life. I still use them ».

In 2011, French director Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano made a film, "1 + 1". The basis of the picture book went to Philippe Pozzo di Borgo "second wind" in which he talks about his friendship with Abdel Cellou. In France, the film seen by 19 million viewers. The film was recognized as the most successful French film shown abroad. Philip played by actor François Cluzet and Omar Sy for his role Drissa - so named Abdel Cellou film - was awarded the prize "Cesar" for Best Actor in 2012. After the release of the new film Cellou published his own autobiography, "You changed my life».

Philippe Pozzo di Borgo and his wife

--img7--

--img8--

Source: www.google.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting