DIY for kids. Putting USB-microscope

It is unlikely that this device will help you to solder the chip or consider something serious. But such self-made microscope exactly like your child, and the process of assembly - a wonderful opportunity to spend time together and to show that the Pope hands grow from the right place.

So, joint leisure with the child for the weekend - is going usb-microscope of the webcam.

Habre has raised article on how to connect a conventional optical microscope to the computer. In the same detail painted materiel lenses. Of course, it is possible to buy a ready-usb-microscope in the store, but our task - to show the child device digital microscope and give rise to further study the micro-world.

What we need h4>

1. Webcam
2. A box of Designer (for housing)
3. The case of glue-stick
4. The cap of flamasterom
5. Night flashlight
Optional: Stand Circuits from Lego-man. It is if: a) do not mind, b) there is a desire to connect the microscope to the constructor).

Tools: h4> 6. Hotmelt
7. Double-sided adhesive tape on a soft base
8. Screwdriver
9. Stationery cutter
10. Mini jigsaw

Optics: h4> For digital filling was chosen 0, 3 megapixel webcam Hama, bought on sale for $ 100.

Disassemble the camera. General principle of USB-microscope - is to turn the converging lens webcam and make her increase, which will project the image on a digital matrix. In our case, 0, 3 megapixels is a tiny square.

Plastic case we do not need, so it can be sawed jigsaw. The main thing - do not damage the wire. Once finished with the body - you can unscrew the lens.

Twisting the lens very simple. But in a way we do not need it, at least I could not focus. So you need to remove excess lens. Rim appeared glued - it will remove the cutter. In some cases, the lens can be sealed - have to tinker.

After removal of the rim - convex lens can be easily removed. Inside this "barrel" was cylinder, fixing a second lens, which is hidden behind a polarizing glass. If you do not fix the cylinder, the lens will not hold steady. I used PVA and a toothpick. Now you can collect the camera back.

Make sure that the thread "keg" and retainer on the chip are exactly the same. In my case, the thread has not made a single turn. I had to put on a hot melt. Testing to make sure that the microscope.

In many network services that allow you to broadcast an image from your webcam on the page. For example here .
Actually this part of the optical microscope can be considered finished.

Focus h4> approach the question and the focus of the lens. The first idea - to collect the mechanism of lego. It will be great, though, because your child will receive a cool magnifying piece that is compatible with its designer.

So what if you do not feel sorry for detail - to glue the cube. If there is no desire to build a body of lego - go ahead.

Screw the focus of doing the glue stick. Satisfactory accuracy and short step makes this item irreplaceable. Was thought to make a syringe, but there is not even satisfactory accuracy achieved - too much pressure you need to have on piston.

Washer with glue sticks sits deep and directly to her our chip does not stick. Adding a link - from the pen cap.

Insert the tube from the cap into the washer and fill with hot melt.

It remains attached to the cap chip. It took a "Lego-based interface." Is convenient because you can always disconnect.

Case h4> For sustainable design, I used a box from the designer. Theoretically, you can make it out of anything. The main thing that focusing knob of glue pencil held vertically, and the bottom lens to beat the light. Web camera already has a light-diodes, but the focal length does not give them the light falls on the drug. Yes and from school biology course, we remember that you need to send a beam of light through the mirror to illuminate the sample under study. I used a night light. By the way, its surface can be directly used as a watchglass.

It remains the case and cut a hole in the lid for the glue stick.

Use the jig saw and knife. Giving your child to work independently with a knife is not worth it, better to help him and do it yourself. I used a screwdriver, drill holes for the intermediate, which is then "put together" with a knife.

Vertically fix focusing knob will help us double sided tape on a soft base and hot melt. Can not imagine how we managed to do in his childhood without it. Though not, represent. I poured all the PVA.

The microscope is ready! Even the shape he was vaguely resemble the real thing. Connect it to your computer and go to web interface .

Increase h4> learn're catching focal length. This is the most difficult thing in the whole process! I have it turned extremely small (1-3 mm). Screw, screwing, do not point the lens vertically - it dangling from side to side, it is also added difficulties. However, the increase has turned quite decent.

1. Wing flies
2. Leg flies
3. The same leg flies, but from a different angle.
4. The hair of the head of the author

This video, filmed in the same microscope, but with a 1, a 2-megapixel camera. Mosquito larvae:

Videos of the build process:

Budget: h4> Webcam 100 rubles
Glue stick 20 rubles
Flashlight Night 38 rubles
Tools do not count.

Now that you know what you can take yourself and your child on the weekends. Successful experiments!

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/203166/

Tags

See also

New and interesting