Bolo Yeung

Bolo Yeung was born on July 3, 1946 in Guangzhou. Like many other young Chinese, Bolo began studying kung fu at the local craftsmen. In addition, he became interested in acrobatics and weight lifting. Contrary to popular belief, Bolo was not a champion in Shotokan Karate and never this kind of martial arts is not engaged.

Many of my colleagues prefer to put on the screen sweeping punches and kicks that look beautiful and love is too sophisticated audience. I prefer a more subtle movements, although not essential technology demonstration, and a personality that demonstrates this technique. On the screen, I try not to pass the form and the content, not the external aspects of the martial arts, and internal demonstrates not so much a technique as a spirit. Man, just mastered technique, can cause a hundred beautiful kicks and sophisticated audience will remain untouched. True master enough to do one subtle but full of energy and spirit of the movement to the same audience knew who before him.

- Bolo Yeung

In the mid-1960s in search of new opportunities Bolo moved to Hong Kong, breaking the strait by swimming. At the new place, he opened a school of bodybuilding and soon came to the attention of one of the agents Shaw Brothers studio, who invited him to play in a movie. The more Bolo "pump up" the more serious become role. In 1970 he won the title Bolo "Mr. Hong Kong" and a year later parted with the studio show.

On the samples to Winston cigarette commercials Bolo met Bruce Lee. Between them, formed friendships, and in 1973, Bruce Lee invited him to his film "Enter the Dragon". Later Bolo starred in several action movies, kung fu, but his most famous role was the villain in the film Lee Chong American film studio Cannon Films «Bloodsport", where his partner was Jean-Claude Van Damme. After this role in the future Bolo developed image on the screen classic "brawny scoundrels," and one of the few of its role as a positive hero was the work in the films "strike hard", "strike hard 2" and the police officer in 2000.

Movies - my job, my life. I calmly to what I play scum. I was never upset that I periodically win or kill. In the end, these roles have brought worldwide fame to me.

- Bolo Yeung

Last significant role Ian was the film "Close Encounters" in 2007, shot a film crew together US and Kazakhstan, which, however, did not make it to the big screen or on video. In 2008 Bolo officially left the cinema, while retaining the post of chairman of Hong Kongskoy athletic commercial organization and management Taipei International Association of bodybuilding.
Interesting facts

The image of the actor in the movie served as a prototype for the character in the game Feng Wei Tekken 5.
Bolo - the father of four children.

Filmography

2014 - The whole world at our feet (The Whole World at Our Feet)
2007 - Melee (Blizhniy Boy: The Ultimate Fighter)
1996 - Iron Bodyguards (Fist of Legend 2: Iron Bodyguards)
1996 - Tiger Claws 2 (Tiger Claws II)
1995 - The strongest blow 2 (Shootfighter II)
1994 - Fearless Tiger (Fearless Tiger)
1993 - A police officer in 2000 (TC 2000)
1993 - The Curse of the Dragon (Curse of the Dragon)
1992 - The strongest blow: Fight to death (Shootfighter: Fight to the Death)
1992 - Bruce Lee and Kung Fu Mania (Bruce Lee and Kung Fu Mania)
1992 - Iron Heart (Iron Heart)
1992 - Great duet (Magnificent Duo)
1992 - Super strength Shaolin (under this name the movie came out in the US, as the name translates as "Swordsman Wu Tang») (Xue ran hong chen)
1992 - Tiger Claws (Tiger Claws)
1991 - Fire Breath (another name - "fire-breathing", "breathe fire») (Breathing Fire)
1991 - Double Impact (Double Impact)
1989 - Bloody Brawl (Bloodfight)
1988 - One man - too much (Yi qi liang fu, Eng. Title in Hong Kong - One Husband Too Many)
1988 - Bloodsport (Blood Sport)
1987 - Night killer (Bat ye tin, Eng. Title in Hong Kong - Killer's Nocturne)
1986 - Substituted (Long zai jiang hu)
1986 - My Lucky Stars 2 (Zui jia fu xing, English name - My Lucky Stars Go Places)
1986 - Millionaires Express (Foo gwai lit che, Engl .: Millionaire's Express)
1986 - Athletes (Da gung wong dai) (literal translation - "The working class» (working class))
1985 - Diamond luck (another name - "I wish you luck»)) (Juk nei ho wan)
1985 - Dragon Bruce Lee fight back (Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back)
1985 - Seven Angels (Huan chang)
1985 - My Lucky Star (without a mention in the credits) (Fuk sing go jiu)
1983 - Boxer sign (Mo, Eng. Name - The Boxer's Omen)
1983 - Just for fun (Kong xin da shao ye, English name - Just for fun)
1982 - Superbanda (Supergang)
1982 - Eye of the Dragon (Xiong zhong)
1981 - Crazy cool bloody murderer (Mad Cold Blooded Murder)
1980 - King of Kung Fu (Si wang mo ta, Eng. Title: The King of Kung Fu)
1980 - The Fearless Hyena 3 (Fearless Master, the name under which the film was released in the US: Fearless Hyena 3)
1980 - Unbreakable (another name for the film - "fighting the dragon») (Invincible)
1979 - A Deadly Game of the snake (She xing zui bu)
1979 - Out of three dragons (Enter Three Dragons)
1979 - Dragon hero (Dragon, the Hero)
1979 - Bruce superhero (another name - Superhero) (Bruce the Super Hero)
1979 - fists, kicks and evil (Fists, the Kicks and the Evil)
1979 - Hero of Kung Fu (Kung Fu's Hero)
1979 - Artwork Kung Fu (al. Title: Handwriting kung fu) (Writing Kung Fu)
1978 - Tattoo (E yu tou hei sha xing)
1978 - It - Bruce Lee (Meng nan da zei yan zhi hu)
1978 - Invincible Bruce Lee (Bruce Li - The Invincible)
1978 - Gumkata killer (Gymkata Killer)
1978 - The Greatest Revenge (al. Name - the greatest revenge of Bruce Lee) (Bruce Le's Greatest Revenge)
1978 - Amsterdam connection (He Lan Du ren tou)
1977 - The Spirit of Bruce Lee (Gekisatsu! Judo ken, Eng. Title: Soul of Bruce Lee)
1977 - Bruce Lee Twins (Clones of Bruce Lee)
1977 - 10 excellent killers (10 Magnificent Killers)
1977 - Bolo (Bolo)
1977 - Bruce Lee vs. the Black Dragon (al. Name - Bruce Lee Kung fu Shaolin) (Da mo tie zhi gong)
1976 - The Queen's Ransom (al. Name - International Killer) (E tan qun ying hui)
1976 - The last call of the dragon (al. Name - "Big Family») (Long jia jiang)
1975 - Supermen of Hong Kong (Xiang Gang chao ren)
1975 - Massacre of Kung Fu (Kung Fu Massacre)
1975 - One day, he fell in love with too many (Shui yun, Eng. Title: He Loved Once Too Many)
1975 - 7 Kungfu soldiers (al. Name: 7 assassins kung fu) (Dong kai ji)
1974 - Super kid kung fu (Super Kung Fu Kid)
1974 - Karate on the Bosphorus (Karateciler istanbulda)
1973 - Hercules east (Ma tou da jue dou)
1973 - The Greatest Thai boxer (Greatest Thai Boxing)
1973 - Thunder strike (Thunderkick) another name - Survival of the dragon (Survival of the Dragon)
1973 - Tiger (Da xu hai)
1973 - Enter the Dragon (Enter the Dragon)
1972 - 5 fingers of death (Tian xia di yi quan) (other names of this movie: "The Hand of Death", "The King Boxer»).
1972 - Intrigue in Nylon (Intrigue in Nylons)
1972 - Trilogy of Swordsmanship (Qun ying hui)
1972 - Young people (Nian qing ren)
1972 - Angry Guest (another name - Killer Kung Fu) (E ke)
1971 - The Deadly Duo (Shuang xia)
1971 - Oath of death (Wan jian chuan xin)
1971 - Ladies Professional (Nu sha shou)
1971 - Salvation (Xie jiu tian lao)
1970 - Heroic (another name - the 13th lord of war) (Shi san tai bao)
1970 - Amazing swordsman (You xia er)

Tags

See also

New and interesting