USS Midway Aircraft Carrier

The other day I visited in California, near San Diego. And I was advised to visit this museum. I went light without some water / sandwiches thoughts - have a look at the museum so go.

I was wrong. No. Not so. I was wrong. The scale can be estimated here.

PS Spread in real time. Interent fast, converted files to 500K. Who need the originals (on the wallpaper or anywhere) - Skins up to RAW.

100 photos.

Actually - I began to imagine the scale is on its way

By purchasing a ticket at the entrance for $ 20 - let us into the holy of holies of the military aircraft carrier fifty years ago

Seen as a salute to these guys.

At the entrance vydyali such a thing and sfotkali - souvenir photo type then pick up. I take photos of course forgot - just feet is not sensed by the end of the exposure. Incidentally, the Russian is not a verb. Japanese, German, Spanish and, of course, English.
Use the so - wander everywhere and seek out the yellow tag. They - the code. Enter it and hear about the exhibit ...

These are the stairs - will not collect bones. Photos will be even steeper stairs from the bridge.

This premise - INSIDE!
And there are airplanes, helicopters, cockpit, fuselage (do not know how) that era. Size strikes - the stadium!

Funny plane.

PS - Do not swear, some explanatory plaques were photographed under the influence of euphoria seen

The wings were placed not all ...

The cabin of the helicopter / aircraft. Feel the breath of time ... But tumblerochkov, krutilochek, buttons, levers - prodigious amount

She ...

Be patient, I thought of tablets to take a picture after 3 minutes of this picture :)

Here it is! It was from this cabin gravitsapu

The pilot's seat with the mechanisms of evacuation. Not very much, and comfortable!

Who is tired - sit right in such chairs and watch the military-political propaganda movie about this ship

But in this cabin (I'm sure 95%), we now climb.

In my 165 cm height. I was there almost bent in half ... This is what it means not 777 with 12 rows of seats :)

General view. Again, any switches million

And on the ceiling ...

And under his elbow

Hand included me, not the plane. Designers were caring mom and dad :)

Cab rotorcraft

It's inside

And yet ... I can not imagine - how it can all remember ...

Though - you want to live - on the cog-mayest gather will deal :)

A scale model of the engine. 1: 1

More

Sorry for the glare - it behind glass, while I bumbling photographer :)

More aircraft. A little later, a look at the carrier aviation on the upper deck :)

Here is a description of the previous aircraft.

Scale. All this time we did not leave the inner hangar (or as it is called. Sorry, no expert)

Immediately amusement rides. I was alone, and only fly in pairs. I crushed toad for the second blank space to pay $ 8 Toli toli 10 ... I regret to this day.

More aircraft. Jaunty colors. Probably for the desert did.

Torpedo full-length

But this, I was amazed. This model of the aircraft carrier with all the decks and bulkheads! Plexiglas (Plexiglas our way)

Tags

See also

New and interesting