Walk through Calcutta.

Reluctantly disable the annoying alarm sound, you take a hot shower in anticipation of a cup of flavored cappuccino ... Somewhere at the same time in Calcutta, thousands of people in its wake a roadside box, take a shower at the nearest hydrant or a dip in the holy Ganges. In India, more than 300 million homeless people, it is the highest rate among all countries of the world.

Indian cities fall asleep early, at nightfall close their shops all roadside traders, as early as 21 pm the second street on the area opustevayut metropolis of India. I can not believe that another day, these streets were like an anthill ... Wakes Kolkata is also very early, and I advise you to wake up at 5 in the morning and go for a walk through the city streets, down to the banks of the Ganges, to see how the day begins at the famous flower market. Not so hot, the air still preserves transparency and absorbed daily smog, the rhythm of life has not swung, although the ringing sound of horns rickshaws already accustomed to stun you from all sides.

Morning walk in Calcutta ... ?!

In Calcutta lives of 15 million people, are hot and humid. Early morning - the only way to see the city with virtually no people:

A morning shower in the middle of the street:

The streets still quite empty:

But not all:

The first trams carry their few passengers ... Tram in India appeared in 1902 and Calcutta - the only city in the country where the trams are still preserved. Now here 29 tram lines and rolling stock over 60 years.

Apparently this is the first tram in 1902 release.

Teeth clean here right way on the street:

A shower is a refreshing fire hydrant:

Boy strongly about it not sad:

And have fun:

Another:

A 57 minutes bus goes to the famous Howrah Bridge, which you can see in the second photo. Let me just say that it absolutely can not be photographed. How Come? I have no idea, but this is followed police on the bridge.

Girls come for drinking (?) Water, which are gaining in cans:

Wash very friendly people:

And here is the Indian Starbucks. Masala tea for a few rupees:

Until now, plastic disposable cups in India - is a luxury, so use low-cost and also disposable clay cups. Here is a picture of the mountains near the broken clay cups sellers masala tea is found everywhere:

It is necessary to lift his head up - and we meet with advertising beautiful life (and the man in shorts with a glass bladimerri), which has nothing to do with the reality around us:

Shear on the street:

And shave, too:

The driver auto rickshaws waiting for his client to the flower market:

Phone numbers on the advertising banners just like in Russia:

A taxi in India - Hindus Ambassador legendary cars! This is definitely a topic for a separate reportage:

Will be held for another hour, and the city will be very different, it is filled with the roar of cars and endless signals horns of cars. But it will be a different Calcutta and another story.

India - amazing country, incredibly contrast! Ideal for immersion in the atmosphere of independent travel. Once it for me was the first from distant lands, I'm in love with her once and for all.

Source.

Tags

See also

New and interesting