Apparatus for offroad

I have a friend - Vadim Y. Shapiro. I know him for 15 years, but it is difficult to call a friend - we have a difference in the age of 28, although really good friends. But not about it. Vadim Shapiro - a unique person: he invented ... the bus and car. Or rather: terrain vehicle on low pressure tires. And in fact the whole family: "Lopasnya", "Lopasnya M", "Mammoth", "Mammoth M". That I have not talked about the previous developments, such as the "Arctic" - although that was a different kinematics ...

First - the tire. Externally recognizable. However, it is very light and hairline. Can operate at a pressure of 0 to 5 atmospheres. The most basic: lugs ("spikes" herringbone). They are not solid as truck tires, and have a cavity inside. Actually sectional "P_P_P ...". While driving all of this "game" just as fur garmrshki so that even liquid clay does not stick. Larger ATVs principle is the same, only the payload above. Generally these dimensions as the tractor T-150, however, the bus itself easier exactly 5 times. By the way, the bus - chamber. So even in the field, you can seal. And then, even when driving over sharp object (I rode by cutting) at sane speeds, tire puncture, but simply his "wraps» ...

Rover "Lopasnya." 4x4 and 6x4. 6x6 option is there, but do not go: a very difficult mission and significant payoff patency not. Body carrier, riveted aluminum alloy - a dry weight of 150 kg. Layout polukapotnaya, a mid. The power unit of predneprivodnyh VAZ: 21091, 2109, 21093 (4x4 on the variant of the "Oka", but ...). Gearbox and CV joints from "Niva" (the latter is necessary to lengthen). Suspension - spring, nezavismosti with adjustable stiffness (hand wrench). Suspension travel - 380 mm. Disc brakes on the drive wheels. Capacity: 5 people + driver or 600 kg of cargo. Gross weight - 1300 kg

Machine, thanks to the tires and sealed body floats, the course and provide management lugs tires. If necessary, you can set the outboard motor power up to 12 hp (File photo)

Beauty certainly spartan. In the mid - engine compartment

Engine compartment. I think - everything is familiar to all. By the way, the theme of the diesel engine and the automatic transmission, we Vadim Yakovlevich, once closed (sorry, sometimes striving with him in the role of technical advisor). For. Carbureted engine can be started and at minus 40. Diesel, without preheater not. On the "left" gasoline still I shall reach even at the cost of engine repair. On the "left" Local not - water and paraffin kill the motor on the first few kilometers. Heating and water separation can be supplied, but it is the loss of weight and buoyancy. AKP - a service that will agree. And skilled repair ...

The driver also without surprises ("Oka»)

All-terrain vehicle on a highway can reach speeds of at least 85 km / h. And the need to manage a category "B» ...

I have to say: "Lopasnya" very insidious. Going on a wet muddy dirt road 40 km / h and ... nothing happens. Immediately thought: if the "imbedded" to 80? Just with puddles ... First puddle, then a small lake, and then in the windy weather we start to cross the Oka River near Ryazan. And as you to solve one of the owners: spring in broken ice with ramp jump on coastal fast ice? A Yakut hunters wish to install ... dozer blade to the motion through the swamp and even small forest felling? And away ... I confess, he broke one car: very much like to remove it and jump so that all six wheels hanging in the air. And what happens if all drunk and with the girls? But later Vadim Jakovlevichu claim: "Unsafe your car." And it seems that the Internet is such comments ...

About swamps separate line. As is well known: "The steeper the jeep, the further behind the tractor to run." With "Lopasnya" this principle, alas, does not work. She ground pressure at full weight 0, 007-0, 012 MPa at GTSki - popular in Siberia tracked all-terrain vehicle - 0 of about 02 MPa at Zilovskoye "Blue Bird" (hopefully not reveal military secrets) - 0, 01. So it is only ... MI-8

Elder brother - "Mammoth". He does not swim, alas. Although due to articulated frame has amazing maneuverability. Patency amazing: ground pressure like GTSki at comparable load capacity - 2 tons or 20 people. Plus it - there is no track circuit, which firstly have a resource is not over 1, 5-2, 0 km, secondly, as a stand alone "Lopasnya". By the way, do you imagine the repair track chain in the swamp? And what will happen to the car if it is broken? But even on the flat tire before we get dry Piglet ...

"Mammoth M". In a previous life - GAZ-3308. It is easier and cheaper than the usual "mammoth" and above carrying capacity, but the turning radius at it too big ...

You may ask: why no one needs? I do not know. And the 'shop', unfortunately, almost closed - Vadim Shapiro May 13 of this year turned 81. However, sometimes imagine another state of emergency (eg, flood). MChSovsky IL-76 ship "Lopasnya", which according to the number it is possible hybrids like crayfish in enamel bucket. Over the target can be either just landed by parachute or after planting - turntables deliver: for MI-8 on the external load of 800 kg is about nothing. And, to my knowledge at the time of suspension scheme under development. Clearly, and other applications are numerous: for example, poachers or trespassers from this machine does not go away. A hunting? A fishing?

Tags

See also

New and interesting