At a meeting of Sberbank German Gref spoke in Google Glass and talked about competition with Google and Amazon

The other day there was a meeting of shareholders of the Savings Bank. In general, ordinary financial events, little concerning audience Habra, if not two but:
- Chairman of the Board Gref report led to Google Glass: «I can not remember all of the text, because I have a very large report, where I had the theses. So I could see both text and audience »
- During the report chairman said that in "the next few years will be the main competitors of banks not other banks and major Internet resources».

And this is where the fun begins. How says Gref, internet resusy & quot; ... this is a key threat to us. We will compete with Google, Amazon, Alibaba, with "by Yandex" and with all IT-platforms. The problem is that we do not compete with other banks, we will compete with the most powerful online platform. In the next five years, we must move from strategy to catch-up development strategy of innovative development, otherwise we risk to be out of the market & quot ;.

The fact that the banks - by definition, are one of the most conservative financial institutions. And now in their field of activity climb internet portals. For example, the same Google allows you to send money in the mail gmail as a standard application. Ie for almost no difference, you send the picture or 1,000 rubles. The same functional have Yandex . So the fears of major global banks (not just CBER) are quite clear. Who will survive in the near future, the time - the big question.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/225677/

Tags

See also

New and interesting