Tower guns or what is left.

Often it happens in life so that much of something waiting, persevere it, but at the time of acquisition of euphoria suddenly disappears and desirable things or events are perceived by ordinary and even ately. This story happened to me last year during a visit to the coastal artillery batteries tower MB-2-180. Built in the mid 30's and early 40-ies of XX century in various parts of the Soviet Union, they are a formidable force to protect the coast, but after the development of missiles, their defensive value has fallen markedly.

However, the battery continues to be supported in working condition, conduct periodic training shooting. We came the 90th, and on the background of the collapse and the reduction of the fleet, the military left them leaving winds and marauders. Those instruments that were relatively easy availability soon were completely cut metal, somewhere just sawed off the barrels, where a frolic with the internal structures of the towers. Despite this, up to the present time (2013) remained relatively intact enough of guns.

Will be 39 photos and brief comments to them, via.

2.Artilleriyskaya battery is not only guns in the towers, and an underground power plant, fuel storage, a command post, range finders, and extensive underground Poterna interconnecting all these elements. When I was planning a trip to one of these panels, located on the island of Kildin, I planned everything carefully inspect and climb round, but arrived at the scene was a little shocked by the expected volume of work. As a result, I am, as they say, "merged in the facility" and examined and photographed is not the way I wanted originally. In my defense, I can say that in front of me waiting for another similar battery, which I played in full. There are too many material, so that a detailed report will be released not soon, but today I will show you some of what was able to shoot on the island of Kildin, with a few comments.

The battery consists of two towers, two guns each. Sami guns covered armored caps (actually they look like a tower). Inside, there are guns in the rest beneath them, that is under the ground. Here's what you can see inside the tower.

9. As can be seen, guns raised trunks up and blocked access to the gate. But I found some photos from other tower where it is not.

11. Under the Tower is the storage of ammunition, consisting of a ring of metal shelving and filing systems projectiles to guns in the center of the ring. This system follows the round contour of the tower.

15.S other side of shell racks, as a ring arranged accommodation for the personnel. This wooden lockers to store things, a place to sleep and flow of small arms.

19.Posle World War II, the batteries have been upgraded in view of the damaging factors of nuclear and chemical weapons, and it got to protect against leaks of radioactive dust and toxic warfare agents. That is why to the living quarters, separated stylish germodvermi, adjacent filter-ventilation system. So it
published, but the floor in a room littered with HLF box with empty machine-gun belts to anti-aircraft guns.

22. Also, for the convenience of staff, there is a latrine.

24.Etazhom below as having a ring shape is storage charges. Large-caliber artillery shells do not have sleeves, and consist of a steel bar stuffed with explosives. Such a blank disc you could see a little higher - she was lying on the floor. But to push it out of the gun barrel, need more explosives, which is charged in a separate instrument. Such charges are kept in special glasses on special racks and fed to the guns in the "package."

27.Podacha charge occurs via a special gateway that passes through the wall. Above them hung devices that tell exactly what the charges should be served (they can be different in power, so you can not just shoot a steel bar, and special projectiles - Lighting, chemical, etc.). Similar devices are in the towers themselves, as well as in the store shells. The signal is on them went to the command post.

30.After passing the "gateway" charges fall into the central part of the ground floor, where they were handed over.

31. In addition, too, on the same floor, there are reserves of compressed air compressor and other equipment.

35. All buildings connected by underground inspection gallery, several species of which are presented below.

39. Alas, I did not dare to publish the tower with cut stems, painfully sad spectacle they predstavlyayut.Figura man shows to transmit the scale.

That's all. Thanks to all.

Tags

See also

New and interesting