Model plus bed Marina Bulatkina

- Let's start with the numbers. Marina, what are your options and what the usual for us, Slav, they correspond to the size?

- Height 174 cm 102-80-115. I have a Russian 52nd clothing size.

- How long have you been in the modeling business and how do you come into it?

- Actively working model for 4 years. 8 years ago I came to America, he graduated from Novosibirsk State University, Department of Sociology. In Russia, I love to sew their own clothes, as the stores had little choice. In New York, went to study at the stylist, he started an apprenticeship, to assist in the filming, and there I was advised to try the model plus. I went in for a casting agency, and they took me. For a while, studying the industry, she gave birth to a son, and then started to work.

- Where are you working on now? Please tell us about their favorite projects, participation in which you are particularly pleased with.

- I recently signed a contract with modeling agency MUSE, which is in the top 3 brands plus. Who is acquainted with the top American brands, flying to California to shoot lukbuka for the company of his girlfriend, I go to auditions, taking part in the shooting of Russian online magazine. Also cooperate with the TV channel NBC, I appear in segments about fashion in the morning show. In Russia, I face the brand Svesta.

- And what brands would dream to work?

- To those that love to dress herself. H & M is one of the favorite style, their ads hanging on display in many countries. About a year ago, they had a line of large size. I would like to work with brands that are suited to the creative process, the choice of filming location. I love the movement, appeared happy to be in the video advertising.

- In your opinion, what qualities of your character to help you build your career and are indisputable advantages?

- Curiosity and optimism! Work models - a skill fotopozirovaniya, photogenic personality plus positive energy. In fact, the models are very good and are respected in the fashion industry, because we help companies to sell clothes.

- As far as we know, you're married to a Belarusian. How did you meet and how it relates to what you are doing?

- My husband lived in Belarus up to 15 years. We have a case of misunderstanding home is Russian-Belarusian dictionary. (Laughs.) We met in New York, through mutual friends. My career he supports. He is a confident person, and sympathetic to my trips, shooting. With a man with a different approach, I would just could not be there. It's hard to build a life with a man who does not allow you to self-realization.

- What were you thinking on the eve of the evening before his first campaign in a modeling agency?

- In my life, there were two important chance. The first - the sample in the Ford agency in 2007 - I failed. I was called for an interview with the director, I went very badly, because I did not fully realize how much I want to cooperate with them. When eventually I was "sick" of the profession, I became to try to do everything possible to be back for an interview in a large agency.

Having done a lot of work on myself and reached a certain level in a small agency, I received an invitation to the Muse. So I was convinced by example: if you have something did not work the first time, you need to prepare and properly use his second chance - and he certainly will.

- There is power in the communication and perception of each other conventional models and models, plus size?

- No. Different models are different types. Tension arises when people do not believe in yourself, and from fear. We are not fighting for the same job. Model industry is beginning to realize that women need different images with which they can identify themselves: we are all different - both ethnically and in the proportions of the body. Each woman is unique, and that is its beauty.

- At what point did you realize that you truly have found a harmony between the internal sense of self and appearance?

- I have always been a major child engaged in skiing, but I always had the feeling that I like myself. I was inspired by my mother, it was she who taught me how to accept yourself and love your body - by example. This is very important: to show our children that we love themselves as they are. Children adopt this approach and learn to treat yourself with love and respect.

- What kind of education you have received at home, and whether it was useful to you in America?

- I am a sociologist by training. By profession I did not go to work, but the skills of analysis of information that I was given at the institute use every day. Always I bring the case to the end, I observe and analyzes social processes, the behavior of people. In general, I think education is very important, especially fundamental. It teaches to think and make logical conclusions.

- How does a typical day in your life?

- We do not have a fixed schedule. We can work five days per week, or none - depends remove your clients is now a collection or not. If I have "reserved" to work, then I get up before dawn - sometimes at the other end of the city need to be already at 7 am, because usually begin shooting early.

On the day of casting I take the son to school in the morning and go to Manhattan for meetings in between runs into your agency, meeting with friends for coffee. In the evening, or I play sports or spend time with family. Free days, I try to spend as much as possible and productive: getting ready for work, I see new trends, read something useful or do sports.

- Please tell us about the nuances of working in the agency. Is there any clause in the contract, which is committed to follow the model of cooperation at a time?

- We pledge to work exclusively or not to a specific agency, and they have in turn lead all negotiations with customers. There is some specific points about how the model should look like - it's being discussed is a contract. Contract - a legal document, but it does not guarantee a job, but only certifies the model representation of interests.

- What do you feel is best for the camera?

- In all, when the film crew cheerful. I love dresses, swimsuits, as the present Slav love high heels (the Americans all the time wondering how Russian girls can spend all day in high heels?). In me is a special thrill when we shoot dress like princesses - American schoolgirl wearing them to prom, I can feel them like Barbie. (Smiles.)

- What else, besides the rounded forms, should have a plus size model to its "noticeĀ»?

- To notice the need to be active. If you sit at home, you will not even notice. We need to develop communication with agents, photographers, companies. Plant their pages in social networks - is now even considered it only provides the material must be of high quality. In terms of physical characteristics - have a beautiful face, healthy hair, white teeth, a nice smile, good skin. And, of course, just be positive in communicating personality. (Smiles.)

- What is the most unusual and memorable compliment about their appearance you've ever received?

- Victoria Janashvili, stunning photography, my friend made a case for iPhone with a photo of my body. It was a little uncomfortable when people ask her who is in the photo. We did not tell anyone. (Laughs.) But I was terribly pleased.

- Do men - plus models and how much they are in demand in the modeling industry?

- They are, but they are few because not much demand - women are much more likely to buy clothes for themselves.

- And the last question. Marina, just the other day you turned 30 years old - many models in this age already "retire." How long are you still going to work as a model and the plan to do then?

- Nothing globally because of the numbers 30 are not changed. There are many models that work after this age, including supermodels. Agents prefer to work with someone who knows what to do. Knowing the principles of a healthy lifestyle, understanding the structure of the your body, eating right, working out, not drinking alcohol and cigarettes, you can look and feel great for a long time. As for future plans, I would say this: while working model I could become familiar with the internal processes of business in companies which produce clothes, so is likely to come up in the future and reveal something of their own.

--img17--

Source: lady.tut.by

Tags

See also

New and interesting