Power supply of private homes

In this article, I want to begin the description of the concept of smart home in my understanding, and to consider some aspects of its implementation. Immediately say, that I almost do not see the application of the concept of "smart home" to the apartment, as there are practically no systems that require automation. Quite another matter - a private home. It contains a set of systems that can and should be automated - from the water and ending with the lighting of the garden. So my definition. Smart house - is a set of automatic systems that operate with minimal involvement of its inhabitants, while providing maximum comfort, safety and energy saving. I> In this implementation should be as simple and accessible.

I'll start with the implementation of energy at home.

Backup power supply at home h5> Unlike apartments, the house is much stronger depends on the availability of electricity, because in its absence automatically loses virtually all systems - lighting, heating, ventilation, hot water and water often do when using a pump station . Therefore, within the framework of smart home comfort is necessary to provide backup power supply. The simple solution - is to use a stand-alone generator. But it must still be properly connected to the power supply when resuming nothing burned, his power to choose not to overload and to decide on its launch. Of course, you can set the power plant capacity of 10 kW, with automatic start and schemes harmonize with the mains, but its price is prohibitive. Ta and set it is not so simple. So the question remains, when his run - once during a power failure, after half an hour or manually. After walking with a flashlight in anticipation of the launch as something not very comfortable, and instantly launch frequently inconvenient, especially at night or during the 15 minute trip. So the easiest option is expensive and not very comfortable. This led to the search for more sustainable solutions.

We describe briefly the basic idea. It consists of several solutions:

Food entire home lighting via UPS. This will always be illuminated for a few hours, depending on battery power, time, amount and type of lamps included. The presence of additional wiring for outlets with backup power. This will provide critical backup power generator system of minimum power. Without the need to disconnect all consumers from outlets not to overload the generator. Rosette is desirable to make a different color, so they can be easily identified. Have schema generator is automatically connected to the network, in case of absence and turn off the generator from the network when the power is restored. Running the generator. This can be solved by a choice - automatically timer manually. I prefer a manual start. Automatic jamming oscillator.
The implementation details of h5> All the same, power outages - it's an extraordinary situation, it makes no sense to spend money on a fully autonomous system. Therefore, we divide the users into groups. This coverage, critical systems (boiler and pump), a non-critical system (refrigerator, ventilation, TV). What gives the greatest discomfort when power is off? Usually - is the lack of lighting. Without illumination is difficult to do, well, it consumes little. Therefore, his reserve in the first place, with the help of UPS. Concrete model must be chosen on the basis of several conditions - the number and type of lamps, type and capacity of the battery. In most cases, a conventional computer UPS, $ 200. Connects it to the panel in line break lighting. Battery life should be at least 30 minutes to cover a short-term trip and give time to start the generator in case of need. It is desirable to disable the audible alarm to wake no house at night.

Next question - the choice of generator power. Usually 2500W is more than enough. And this is the usual consumer model, costing about $ 400. This is enough to provide power to the boiler pumps and wells, lighting, refrigerator and computer. Meals only on battery, by analogy with light, extremely disadvantageous. First - need more power output of the inverter, and secondly - high capacity batteries and the high price of their replacement, in the third - the inverter must be accurate sine wave, as to its form of sensitivity of some engines and modulating burner boiler. The generator also produces pure sine wave, the autonomy of not less than 15 hours on one filling, cheap. Also, it often comes with its own battery and starter motor, which allows to realize the desired AutoPlay.

Next - power wiring redundant generator. Connect to it and boiler pumps. You must provide at least one outlet in each room. This will connect the optional rest appliances.

And finally - the connection.

Wiring backup power systems. I>

In the diagram:
EL1 - lighting in the house,
TL1 - terminal connection to the sockets are not reserved
TL2 - terminal connection to the reserved outlet
Kl3 - terminal included with plug gap generator.
K1 - Relay controlling the contact group K1.2, K1.3, K1.4
G - Generator
UPS - uninterruptible power supply
When there is tension in the network, the relay coil is energized and power is supplied directly to the network. In case of power failure, the contacts will move to the original position indicated in the figure, and connect to the generator. Coverage will continue to eat while on battery UPS. If necessary, you can run the generator, which provide power back-up lights and sockets connected to terminal TL2. When external power is restored, the relay K1 will work, disconnect the generator from the network and break the ignition circuit of the generator, thereby silencing it. The system will return to its original state. Wiring is only a demonstration of the idea, not the concept.
As a result, the cost of the entire system is about $ 600 + work on wiring. But in some cases, it is possible to use the already existing wiring, if it is correctly displayed on the panel.

Epilogue h5> The article describes the basic scheme. If desired, it can and should be improved. Especially, when the possibility of integration with remote control, surveillance and others. At least, in the future, you can add an alert about a power outage, remote start and shutdown of the generator, other. Also, together with the lighting can provide backup power via UPS signaling router and server, but usually this is not required. Since they are often equipped with its own redundant power supplies. Enough to include them in the socket connected to the power line from the generator. Also, I did not see the connection of solar panels and wind turbines. It is expensive and bad suits for backup power. They provide low power for the entire service life, and the need for backup power relatively high power for a short period - a few tens of hours per year.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/221829/

Tags

See also

New and interesting