18 secret facts about "Lolita"

Interesting facts about "Lolita," which the writer called his most important English books.

1. It is believed that writing a novel inspired by Nabokov's sensational story of Charlie Chaplin, who loved his second wife Lita Grey, when she was 12 years old.

2. The actress Dominique Swain at the time of the filming of "Lolita" (1997) was only 15 years old. During all the scenes where she is sitting on the lap of Humbert (Jeremy Irons), or in general as something to be touched between them is theft.

3. The role of Lolita was originally proposed while still very young actress Natalie Portman. Religious Portman refused because it considered ungodly story.

4. On the role of Humbert was approved by Dustin Hoffman, but he had to give it up: shooting schedule coincided with the shooting, in which he has participated. Jeremy Irons, who was considered the second choice, got the role.

Posted in [mergetime] 1398245476 [/ mergetime]
5. In addition to the role of Dominique Swain Lolita claim 2, 5 thousand. Girls. Jeremy Irons began to participate in the casting, when their number was reduced to 100. He read the lyrics and played the scenes with the finalists.

6. According to the American legislation underage actress can not participate in the filming of scenes of sexual intercourse, so all those scenes in the movie used the understudy.

Posted in [mergetime] 1398245506 [/ mergetime]
7. In the novel Lolita only 12. And in the movie 1997, and an earlier version of Stanley Kubrick, which came out in 1962, age Lolita was changed to 14, as it was thought that the audience will be too outraged, if you do not.

8. On the DVD-ROM with a film there are several more explicit scenes that were not included in the final assembly, because the British and French cinemas refused to show the film on their screens if these scenes are not carved.

Posted in [mergetime] 1398245603 [/ mergetime]
9. Distributor "Lolita" (1997) was to become the company New Line Cinema, but its leaders, seeing the first director's assembly, refused to engage in general and film director Adrian Lyne advised not to release the picture on the screen, threatening him that he would not be able find no work, if released this "vicious film." The director did not listen, and released the film on multiple copies. After the rumor that will show "indecent movies", in cinemas were built many kilometers of queue.

10. The film was banned in Australia until 1999 for "propaganda of pedophilia." Another 24 countries have banned or restricted the picture shown publicly. So far in Europe drives "Lolita" allowed to sell only to adult.

11. The first version of the screenplay he wrote Nabokov. "This is the most important book I've written in the English language, - explained in an interview with the American writer Playboy magazine in 1964. - I can not let it ruin ».

12. In an interview with Playboy Besides Nabokov told why decided to translate the book into Russian language itself: "I once came to mind - at that moment I looked at colorful roots translation of" Lolita "in languages ​​that do not know - the Japanese, Finnish or Arabic, - the list of unavoidable blunders in these fifteen or twenty versions will be, if we collect them together, thicker volume of any of them. & lt; ... & gt; Then I realized something else. I imagined in some distant future, someone will publish and the Russian version of "Lolita." I set up my inner telescope at this point in the distant future and saw that every paragraph, already full of traps, may be subjected to ugly in their incorrect translation. In the hands of malicious artisan Russian version of "Lolita" could completely degenerate, be ispyatnannoy vulgar renderings and misses. And I decided to translate it himself. Now I have prepared about sixty pages. " In an interview with BBC radio in 1967 Nabokov called the Russian translation from English "donkey education».

13. Despite this, Nabokov did not believe that the novel would ever be published in the USSR. "It's hard to imagine a regime, whether liberal or totalitarian, in my prim homeland, where the censorship would have missed" Lolita »& lt; ... & gt; As a writer, I too used to the fact that for nearly half a century blackens the blind spot to the east of my mind - which is much less Soviet editions of "Lolita" - Nabokov wrote in 1965 in a postscript to the Russian edition.

14. The novel "Lolita" became the second after the "Gone With the Wind," a book that has been sold in the United States sold more than 100 thousand. Copies of the first three weeks after the release.

15. Before you sit down at the final version, in fact, Nabokov wrote the entire novel in a hundred small cardboard cards, like the rest of his works.

16. In an interview with the BBC in 1962, Nabokov said that never before has it been so difficult to work with, "This is the most difficult that I had to write in my life. Unlike other writers, when I come up with a book, I try to finish it as soon as possible to get rid of it ».

17. Vera Nabokov, the writer's wife, saved from the fire the first version of the novel, when Vladimir Vladimirovich, in a fit of anger tried to burn it in his garden in the incinerator.

18. The novel "Lolita" is included in the list of the greatest books of all time by the magazine «Time».

All! Thank you!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting