Samsung Galaxy S5: the flagship, created in a hurry

A big fan of the series flagship Galaxy S from Samsung, I never was, but in June 2013, when she died, my second in a row Motorola RAZR, grief took the Samsung Galaxy S4. Just need a new smartphone was rushed to wait another "motor" of the United States did not want a HTC One M7, on which I was guided, in the sale that day showed up. Not that I was filled with "Galaxy" and became a fan, no. The common language with the device found, yes, but nothing more. "Fall in love" it is really quite difficult, especially in the version with a chip Samsung Exynos 5 Octa, is sold in Ukraine. Regular rebooting when trying to start the camera, the general instability that corrects approximately 3-4 firmware and still have not fixed the strange work of a number of applications (eg, Instagram), and so on - do not rule out that someone already familiar I managed to buzz you all ears similar complaints.

It has been almost a year, and "the court" has Samsung Galaxy S5, announced in February at Mobile World Congress. The unit bought my boyfriend are 11 April, the day of start of sales, and by the incredible effort I managed to beg him for 10 days - sort of like a test. I will try to briefly explain the impressions, good for a year, I had to get used to SGS4 and learned to find his behavior a lot more positive things than negative. It was interesting to see how seem Galaxy S5, considering that "namenyat" it not very much.

Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S4

First I want to c number of assumptions. I'm pretty sure that Samsung is not very well prepared for the launch of this product. Apparently, because of the great rush. Hardly it was provoked by the announcement of the upcoming HTC One M8 or start of sales of Sony Xperia Z2 - with all due respect to the Taiwanese and Japanese companies, they no longer represent a particular threat to Samsung. (I understand exactly what you may now choose between the flagship Samsung, Sony and HTC. But in the global market share of the latter two is very small.) Thus, it is possible, Koreans wanted for as long as possible to get ahead of Apple, which, if you believe the rumors, the upcoming summer may submit an iPhone with the "big screen" (4, 7 or 5 inches), thus removing the main shortcoming of the current model of its smartphone.

So that's why I suspect the Samsung hurry. Well, the fact that SGS5 not have to organize a separate event for SIII and S4, is known to all. Let it be "one".

Two: in Ukraine, for example, is completely absent in the sale of the most interesting version of SGS5 - blue. In some other countries it either, judging by the reviews on some Asian forums. The official store Samsung, located in my "dislocation", generally said that blue modification of the Ukraine will never happen. Why, why - no information. Do not have time to prepare the right amount of machines? Maybe. And now the blue machines are only on the largest markets with the most creditworthy customers.

Blue Samsung Galaxy S5

Three. For Galaxy S4 immediately showed a line of accessories, which went on sale, along with the device even in Ukraine (just not the largest market with not the most solvent consumers). For the same SGS5 accessories almost there. Even replaceable back covers with protective panels for the screen - only some cases, carried out in a similar form factor, which significantly enlarges the machine (and in fact it is already more than "four"). Extra battery, for example, no. Why is that? It is not a fad: User Activity modern smartphone is such a thing, in my opinion, necessary. And SGS4 I have this accessory. And for crony SGS5 - there is, and will - God knows.

Corporate Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

It seems to me that the Samsung is also aware that they hurried, and that the reasons for the change in the SGS4 SGS5 people is not enough, since the difference between these devices is not that great. And to break the tradition, the anticipated growth in sales of each new generation Galaxy S compared with the previous, do not want and do not consider it possible - it could badly affect on the value of the shares and investor relations, and customer loyalty, which ultimately still everyone will know (details below). So now the Ukraine with the Galaxy S5 somewhere to give a gift tablet Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, which is almost like half of the smartphone. Stimulation of demand, so to speak. For comparison: in June 2013 my gift to the Galaxy S4 gave removable panels and an additional battery. Price of this good - US $ 50. The price of the above tablet - US $ 300 difference, you see, there's that hint.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 - a good gift, the fact

So, returning to the "more detail below." In the latest issue podskasta "Didzhestiv" leading analyst MRG Eldar Murtazin, citing data from retailers reported that Russia sold SGS5 percent to 15% worse than SGS4. However, in the English-language Internet now and then there are reports that a particular retailer reports a huge demand ... but clearly winning "five" of the "quartet" in sales probably still there.

Why is that? In my humble opinion, i> all because SGS5 in something markedly loses its glyuchnovatomu predecessor. I will not be here for an overview of a typical slide in thousands at 30 characters, but simply list the things that surprised me with a minus sign.

First, Samsung Galaxy S5 much larger than the Galaxy S4. The latter, as far as I can tell, many people bribed just small dimensions: all the same, that the HTC One M7 and Sony Xperia Z (and even more), but in a more elegant package ... Meanwhile, the "five" and the thickness of the "quartet" and long and angular. In her hand she perceived quite differently - in my opinion, less comfortable. Well, yes it is a subjective matter, maybe someone and enjoy it. The texture of the back of the "flyspecked" left me indifferent: so be it, but would not metal. (Metal devices I do not like for one reason: I often drop my smartphone, and plastic in this case, where more durable metal. Where a otpruzhinit plastic, on metal will dent.)

Second , Screen

Third, the fingerprint scanner. It is, in my case it does not work well, so I turn it off. The list of my favorite activities did not appear regular digging spade Soviet backyard, so fingerprints seem to be all right. And the unit thinks that everything is OK, because the procedure is carried out without memorizing failures. But to unlock the screen holding a finger on the key turns in one case out of five. So ... Well it away.

Fourth, the protection of water and sand

What is there to say? Crystals sand will quickly covering the screen with glass Gorilla Glass 3 such that ... In general, in the sand Galaxy S5 is better not to leave. Dive with the device for $ 800, I would not have ventured, the more so in this manual is not recommended. Meanwhile, the rain can talk on almost any modern smartphone (which I often did), and as a result he will not die. But all this has led to a megazaschita plugs the port microUSB (by the way, version 3.0). Plug rests on rubber feet and I'm afraid sooner or later will come off. I met with a similar to Motorola Milestone XT720 - and there she pulled away.

Fifth, the heart rate monitor , located next to the flash. Powered badly mistaken for solutions, working on a "application + flash", especially not win.

In the sixth, the battery
Seventh and software. That being said, the subject of my doctoral (read - small improvements / changes to the car - all of them can not be described here), so very briefly. Shell TouchWiz, stretched on top of Android 4.4.2, once again finished. It seems to become a little easier visually, but the default settings menu is displayed like this:

On the other interface elements, it has nothing to do, it looks wild. Yes, you can switch to the list, everything is better. But the basic version, again, is frightening.

It may seem that I have set myself the goal zarugat good, in general, the unit. And, perhaps, I had someone there for it also to pay. I> In fact, personally, I keenly felt the rush, which it was created Galaxy S5 - and that it would be desirable to avoid. For example, to make the microUSB port protected without cap, or, say, to work on the size. Or drank soft camera. By the way, here are some examples.

Well relieves? To my untutored eye - yes. But grand i> the difference between the 13 megapixel at SGS4 and 16 Mn from SGS5 I do not watch. (Specifically cite data notorious megapixels to emphasize that the modules in various devices.) And by the way, at "five" general criticized for the quality of images. I do not know why. Photographed it is better, but most importantly - an application for which shooting starts faster than SGS4 to "Eksinose."

Video is now able to record in the resolution of 4k - can someone come in handy.

In my arms Galaxy S5 version with a chip Samsung Exynos 5422 - that is, with 8 cores that operate clusters of 4 pieces (ARM Cortex-A7 + ARM Cortex-A5), and graphics Mali-T628MP6. Parallel operation of all the nuclei did not realize, apparently, believe that just fine. In my version AnTuTu SGS5 gaining something around 39,000 points.

A lot or a little? Well, SGS4 in this test indicates about 27 thousand, as well as, for example, Highscreen Thor on MediaTek MT6592 (it all 8 cores can work in parallel).

Samsung Galaxy S5 and Highscreen Thor

It is clear that the game in the Galaxy S5 are just so - regardless of their busy schedule. But there is one strange moment. Appendix S Console, designed to download games for joystick Samsung Gamepad, if SGS4 contains 54 games, but in the case SGS5 - somehow 50. Something nedooptimizirovali? ..

S Console on the Samsung Galaxy S5

S Console on the Samsung Galaxy S4

... Maybe someone my story may seem inconsistent. But the feel of the Samsung Galaxy S5 I have just such a - a little mixed. No revolution, I did not expect from him - no QHD-screen or 20-megapixel or 8 cores working in parallel, or the notorious metal housing. So that the absence of all these buns I was not disappointed. A somewhat confusing (it is confused, and does not disappoint) that of SGS5 gone much that I liked about SGS4: small size by the standards of the top 5-inch smartphone, simplicity (I mean the absence of plugs), a bunch of accessories and more on the little things. Yes, in return, too, poured something, but personally to me (to me personally), all of it as something not to the court.

Perhaps, SGS5 should take those who "missed» SGS4 and still walks with Galaxy SIII. In this case, the enthusiasm will certainly be more. And I will most likely closer to the summer look in the direction of Galaxy S4 Black Edition - it is just based on the chipset Qualcomm and has no glitches with the camera and "Instagramom." But the "four black", in turn, a year later replaced on Galaxy S6. If at that time the Korean companies are to be held without undue haste ...

Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition

Little Performance last: i>
Display processor Graphics Processing Unit Operating System: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
RAM User Memory camera Contact Advanced Battery Dimensions Weight
Source: habrahabr.ru/company/smartgadget/blog/220533/

Tags

See also

New and interesting