Saving the Chilean miners

Miraculous event occurred in Chile rescuers found 33 miners, 18 days ago locked in the gold-mine of San Jose because of the collapse of the rock. Elias Sepulveda and her cousin Catherine hug before the altar erected to their relatives - and Pablo Esteban Royyasu. These people are among the 33 miners trapped in a collapsed mine in Copiapo. The miners sat in the mine since August 5 and August 22 rescuers found that the miners are still alive.

The officer stands in front of the machine that will be used to rescue the miners. The incident at the mine in the Atacama Desert, which produces copper and gold, occurred on August 5 when the tunnel leading to the slaughter, collapsed. It is believed that the miners are underground at a depth of 700 meters in seven kilometers from the mine entrance. (Claudio Reyes / EPA)

Relatives of the miners were trapped wave rescuers. The rescue team drilled a small hole to a depth of over 600 meters and used the camera on the rope to make sure that the miners are still alive. (Roberto Candia / AP)

Through the hole that is drilled rescuers have been omitted probe and a video camera, through which locked able to establish eye contact. This photo shows one of the miners Florencia Avalos captured on camera rescuers August 22. (Reuters)

The wife of one of the miners Lilianett Ramirez holds a letter from her husband in the mine on August 23. Chilean miners were trapped underground, were able to pass on the surface of the note attached to the drill, which stated that they were all alive. It was the first contact with the miners for 17 days after the collapse of the mine. (Ivan Alvarado / Reuters)

Relatives of trapped miners cry, knowing that their relatives are still alive. (Stringer / chile / Reuters)

Chilean workers work with a drilling machine to mine gold and copper "San Esteban", near Copiapo, in the harsh Atacama Desert, August 17. (Ariel Marinkovic / AFP - Getty Images)

Photos of the 33 miners trapped in a mine near Copiapo at a depth of 600 meters. To the scene has already sent the installation, which will drill a new tunnel through which the miners will be able to rise to the surface. (Ivan Alvarado / Reuters)

More than two weeks rescuers trying to reach the miners, borer holes in the ground. Serious work on finding trapped began only a few days after the incident due to the lack of necessary equipment. (Luis Hidalgo / AP)

Relatives of the miners did not leave the scene of the tragedy, never for a moment losing hope. When it became known that the miners are alive authorities and relatives of the victims have set on a hill near the flag in honor of the 33 miners and sang the national anthem of Chile. (Luis Hidalgo / AP)

Five days after the accident colleagues miners brought the statue of Saint Lorenzo - the patron saint of miners - the service, organized right at the mine. (Luis Hidalgo / AP)

Chilean President Sebastian Pinera holds a note from the miners with the words "We are in order - all 33". September 18 to celebrate the bicentennial of Chile's independence. Pinera has already found wonderful news "good omen" for the next 200 years. (Hector Retamal / AP)

Relatives of the miners enjoyed the good news. (Martin Bernetti / AFP / Getty Images)

Despite the encouraging news, miners are still trapped, and their salvation will take time. Rescuers say that before the miners to the surface may take up to four months. Engineers warn of the need to work carefully so as not cause further collapse of the mine. (Ivan Alvarado / Reuters)

Meanwhile, rescuers will transmit miners food, water, medicine and communications. Everyone agrees that it will give the miners strength needed to survive this ordeal. (Robert Candia / AP)

via Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting