Smart watches with his own hands

This story began with the fact that after reading posts tagged DIY I decided to get a set of MC + Debugging board. Googling, I learned that the cheapest in the city board is LaunchPad from TI. Without hesitation, he went to the store for her, and rushed ... like all flashing LEDs were first, then connect the display from Siemens CX75, etc.
Soon I got tired of doing something just like that, without a purpose, in order to do that. So the idea to create a gadget that I use constantly.
For details, ask a cat.

Usually I walk down the street wearing headphones and did not hear the phone ring, and a bunch Phone + Case + Pocket + = walking vibration is not felt. And I came up with a gadget for yourself: the informant about SMS and calls as a clock / bracelet. Again, the idea is not new and in stores like a bunch of stuff, but would like, first, to make himself, and secondly, still less is obtained. The first pancake, as they say, a lump

6 photo source.

"I do not know my clock time is not shown.» ©
The composition is simple: MK, BT, diodes, voltage, vibration motor, Accum, building on the old clock. For it has been written application for android, and a small program for MK. The miracle of the beast, which is already 6 months that I have rescued more than once.
What makes the program on android: Connect On the BT clock, send a "1" - the connection was, launch services and listen to incoming SMS and calls. At reception of it, ship BT event ID "2" - SMS, "3" - a call.
What makes the program on MC: when receiving the character with BT («1", "2", "3") includes a certain sequence on / off display and vibration.
About any power saving mode when I did not think, and that the regulator operates at voltages of 3, 6 - 6, too, as the forgotten figure. As a result, a charge BATTERY enough for day workers, provided that the "clock" constantly connected by BT.
About three months ago I decided to take up this idea thoroughly and add features that are missing: complete clock display the name of the caller, text, sms sender, you can not flash. With the last thought I will have problems, because the MK reflash of Spy-Bi-Wire interface, and pull the 3 pin output body did not want to, but then read in datasheet that MK has a mode bootstrap Loader (BSL), which allows to flash it via UART interface .

The insides

What I took from the details that had to buy:

Part name
Appointment
Cost

msp430g2553ipw28
microcontroller

lir3048-lby2
Battery

ds1337u +
real-time clock

ADP3338AKCZ-3.3-RL7
Stabilizer

CP2102-GMR
USB-UART

MCP73831T_2ACI_OT
charging li-ion, li-pol

HC-06
bluetooth

LCD nokia 1202
Screen

Total: 630r.

All items purchased in the city, except for BT - it ordered from China, if you buy in the city, can be found for the 350r.
Other: mini usb, buttons, vibration motor taken from the old device; quartz and passives found in the bins homeland. If you buy small things that will come out on the strength of RUB 300.

Details are, what's next? Then I am going to the layout and write programs for MC. Abandoning Energia, I switched to the CCS 5.3 free version with limited code 16kb which is enough, given the amount of memory IC (16kb). The MK involved: 2 timer and WDT + in the interval timer mode, HW I2C, ADC10, BSL, FLASH. Particular attention was paid to the consumption of the device. As a result, 30 mA at full load (BT not connected, the MC in the normal mode, the backlight at maximum), 8 mA in standby (BT connected, the MC in the low-consumption lights off) and less than 1 mA-only clock (BT off MK in low consumption lights off). BATTERY Capacity 200 mA, so a single charge lasts for a day or more. Along with MK programming, develop the program on android, namely, when an incoming call, looked up the number in the phone book and if a match is found, replace the name and number on the ship BT. And when you receive a sms and send more text messages.

Fee

After writing programs and testing the viability of the assembled layout, I started to PCB layout, etching, tinning and soldering.

On the whole fee was required 6 jumpers, 5 capacitors, resistors 8, 1 LED. Turn ... works!

Housing

Maybe it was the hardest thing. Dremel, plexiglass, dichloroethane, pasta goyim: hell of a mix ... I'm not particularly describe the manufacturing process of the body (and I forgot to make a photo). 2 layers of 6mm plexiglass at the bottom of the hull and 2 mm acrylic and safety glass screen on the camera down on top of the old. During vytachivaniya body raised the question of fixing hours on hand, conventional watch straps were too zaparno their retention mechanism, so I bought here for a 350r .:

Posted in [mergetime] 1396902689 [/ mergetime]
A couple of through holes in the housing and fastening the strap set. The body turned out to not really, but the functionality of hours it does not affect and fully perform its functions.

Here is a video work: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJ_jwznpwM

Posted in [mergetime] 1396902748 [/ mergetime]
And finally sign for all the functionality of my watch:
the date and time as the main function;
Update the date and time from your phone;
Changing the date and time manually;
On the BT connection to your Android phone;
power off BT on loss of communication to conserve battery power;
display battery;
informing you of an incoming SMS with text output, and the sender's name on the screen;
informing you of an incoming call, the caller's name with the output to the screen;
display the text typed in the program for android;
change display settings (brightness and backlight turn-off time, the screen contrast);
you can not flash the device.

TOTAL: 1500 wooden and 3 months of work in his spare time and learning from idea to realization.

Posted in [mergetime] 1396902788 [/ mergetime]
I have everything, kick

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting