Independent repair transmission automatic ZF 5hp24

I've got such a wonderful car: BMW e38 730d. Over time, the tremors were light when switching 1-2-3. One day, while there was a strong push traffic, but the car was on. I drove up to the point B, went to the parking lot. When I am going to go into reverse gear. Car went in spurts. I turn on the drive, but it does not go. I give gas, 2 thousand happening and push a box falls into emergency mode, which is the norm. It forces the 4th gear. Experienced citizens stated that disassemble the box in any case, and that this is a problem in mechanics, not hydro management.

Market research boxed craftsmen led to a disappointing conclusion: the removal-installation 5t.r. automatic transmission repair, including parts and labor 70-80, with their skill level is so high that they push the cost of defects and chat on the phone ...
And after much deliberation I decided to do himself. I bought the instrument at 12, took off from a friend on the pit together. Supported by a hydraulic jack to prevent damage to the guides. We revert to 20cm, and I pulled out the torque converter. Already 10 pounds lighter, and it may fall out, with a broken oil pump drive automatic transmission. Removed finally brought in a clean, bright and warm room patient.

3 Print books: Corporate rerair manual, spare parts catalog and manual for the hydraulic unit ATSG

Print and glue full automatic transmission scheme. Well, just I did my dad, for which many thanks to him. Then I laid out right on the fine details of the scheme, which is very simplified assembly

Unscrew the drain bolt and the retaining bar connector position switch

Overturn box. Turn off the pallet. Magnets in a sad state

Turn off the filter, remove the clip connector electronic valves and sensors. Turn off the hydraulic unit. Just twist the screws with large heads!

Remove the retaining plate of the output shaft speed sensor and oil pipes. I have these bolts broke. I drill a small hole at the core and tear hammer.

Extract 2 Lock 2 springs under them. Be sure to retrieve the 2 rubber plugs out of the springs. Without this box does not understand. The new hub is in the cushioning package. You can not feel sorry.

So were the oil tube to remember :)

To make it easier to work Turn off the output shaft. No photo, I show an excerpt from the manual

Now you can flip 180 and the box would normally be at the back. Next, unscrew the bell with a pump from the body of the box. To pump remained on the bell reserve the bolas

It turns out so. Lay off the node towards

Put a box in the "back", remove the washer underneath the bearing. When assembling do not forget for the puck! I have it was "unnecessary detail" and had to disassemble to deliver. Well it is not far

Removing the input shaft

Remove the retaining ring assembly and dismantle

And we see the hero of the festivities! The classic problem of these boxes: crack the input shaft

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting