Department №601 MAI - "Space systems and rocket science"

Author photos and travel lab says, in April shooting took place in the laboratory of the Faculty of number 601 MAI - Space systems and rocket science. " It was the kind of shot because of the secrecy. Many of you I just can not show, though that may be the secret to the engines R-7, I do not understand, as in the internet and so this in bulk, but here at the Department of the R-7 - a secret product. But something there was really a secret, some products were generally covered with a tarpaulin. It was hard to remove anything that would not burn the most sensitive products, but something happened, and you can see below. To many articles I will try to describe, although some spacecraft I can not learn. Can you help them guess the purpose and name?

1. androgynous-peripheral docking assembly. Space docking mechanism used on the International Space Station. It is used for docking of the shuttle and shuttle to connect the Functional Cargo Block ("Dawn") to a sealed docking adapter (PMA-1). Similar OASIS system is used by the Chinese Shenzhou spacecraft, which allows it to dock with the ISS. OASIS was founded in Moscow Vladimir Syromyatnikova CB "Energy" and started the project "Soyuz-Apollo". The idea of ​​creating a counterweight appeared uncomfortable systems such as "plug and sockets", so any APAS docking ring can be joined with any other docking ring OASIS, as both sides androgynous. Although each of these docking unit has an active and a passive side, both of them completely interchangeable. In the photograph, if I am not mistaken, it is represented by APAS-75, which was used in the "Soyuz-Apollo».

In the background you can see the satellites' Venera-8 ". According to her, on the moon, I would have 9 two separate post. Painfully interesting way was to land on these celestial bodies.

2. Again, if I'm not mistaken, this is the pin from the docking system Needle. And its earlier version, when you do not provide a transition through a node, and the astronauts had to move from one ship to another in space.

3. Stand for demonstration of needles. As a special rail docking assembly pulls another and docks.

4. Some engine. Judging by the size it is likely The correction-brake motor.

See also

We on Google+