Travel around the world hitchhiking

Interesting story about a French traveler, who managed to travel around the world hitchhiking.

Of course, he was not quite able to go "Around the World in 80 Days," but what can you do if you had all the way to "vote"?

Frenchman Jeremy Marie (Jeremy Marie) took five years to travel around the world, covering a distance of 100,000 miles, and at the same time relying solely on the kindness of strangers, who hauled it for free.

Having experienced the 50-degree heat of the deserts of Sudan and the 20-degree frosts Kazakh steppes, Mr. Marie has visited more than seventy countries.

In October 2007, 29-year-old traveler was launched from Caen (Caen), Normandy, moving on passing cars, boats, planes and even donkeys.

It is noteworthy that throughout the 180 000 km Jeremy has not spent a penny on transport. Instead, he relied entirely on the generosity of strangers, gives him a free pass.

During his journey, he moved hitchhiking across Europe, USA, South America, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries and continents, sleeping where have.

Jeremy says that he has a passion for traveling caught fire when staying in Poland and lived in a Polish family in the international student exchange program.

"Hunting see the world led to the fact that I decided to spend a year abroad. First I went to Wales. During the year I was able to travel around the UK and Ireland. In a green and very hilly city of Dublin, the first time I tried hitchhiking.

I like to hitchhike, it's a good way to meet people, also you can see the world through the eyes of local people to see and experience what tourists see and experience is usually not possible.

Returning from Wales, I went with a friend on a tour of Europe. We were able to go hitchhiking in Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, England and France.

The next natural step was to look at the world - and I set out to travel around the world hitchhiking.

Hitchhiking makes it easier to get acquainted with the local people and make new friends.

Another advantage of hitchhiking is that pedestrians are much more freedom of movement. I carried a bag and only one could go anywhere, anytime.
Hitchhiking is not just a way to get around - this is a real passion. I find a comfortable place on the side of the road and lift your thumb. Then look forward, will not fall if the glass of the driver. If this happens, they take my bag, I sit in the car - and then I have an opportunity to meet and talk to the driver or passengers, people I never would have met under different circumstances.

It was a long five-year test. It gave me the opportunity to see places that are otherwise difficult to reach. In total, I have visited 71 countries, including Italy, Asia, USA and Canada.
In some countries, hitchhiking is very easy. In New Zealand, it was just great: friendly people, good roads, no danger and confusion.
And here in the US it was difficult because hitchhiking is illegal there, so people are very reluctant to agree to stop and give me a lift ".

On the journey to the ship Jeremy responds: "It was the perfect time to think about the meaning of life".
Mr. Marie says that the best part of his trip was sailing aboard the 45-foot sailboat in Cartagena (Cartagena), where the British captain enlisted him to the team.
At the intersection of the Pacific it took four months, during which he visited the Kingdom of Tonga, the Galapagos Islands, Panama, Auckland and New Zealand.

Mr Marie said: "Of course, this is my favorite memory. On board well to think about the meaning of life. There's no need to worry, you will be able to catch a ride to the next.
Hitchhiking gave me the opportunity to see much of the world. This is the best way to travel.
Sometimes I do not happen by themselves: everywhere there are good and bad people, so hitchhiking, caution should be exercised when deciding who to trust and who not ".

Tags

See also

New and interesting