Inverted World: dual nationality

In the State Duma amended, according to which Russian citizen possessing another nationality in addition to Russia, the criminal shines up to three years imprisonment for concealing this fact from the authorities.

Traditionally, the initiative covered by the fig leaf of international practice, but, as usual, is completely incompatible with it. Because in the world we can talk only about the time of the acquisition of a new nationality. For example, if you just want to become a citizen of Ukraine or Germany, you will have to document that this citizenship will be for you only because the previous annulled. And if you're a citizen of these countries, for example, by birth or descent (jus sanguinis), then you can buy calmly any number of other nationalities, no power on this without notice.

It is clear that Russian sanctions are focused completely on those people who want to leave Russia in the future. And those who live in it today, with the other passport, but not the cashier of the cooperative "Lake". For such cases the new law can be applied only on condition that it is retroactive. This specificity, of course, can not be justified no international practice, except Turkmenistan and North Korea.

Let me explain by example. I arrived in Israel in March 1990, and at the same time applied for citizenship of this country. I do not know on what day these documents were considered, when and by whom it was made a decision on them. I do not remember exactly when I got the ID number, and how the day was marked by the very identity. I only know that it was almost a quarter-century ago. Under the new bill, I happen to have been obliged to notify the authorities of the Russian Federation (which was then known whether the Russian Federation, or the Soviet Union, but it is not exactly like it is now) to acquire foreign citizenship within 30 days of an abstract of its receipt. That is, for 24 years I have willfully departed from the notice of the authorities in the proper order. In order for this not to condemn me to an administrative fine of up to 2,500 rubles, and to complete the prison for three years, you need me to do activities that are prohibited by the laws of foreigners. But I do not know what activities Gosdura prohibit foreigners in the coming years: a bill prohibiting foreigners to certain activities in Russia, enraged printer tray piled high on most today do not play. Of course, one of the first places the ban takes hold Russian strategic assets, a list of which can also vary from day to day, and include, for example, any media or Internet sites. But tomorrow you may find that a "hold" they have in mind is not a controlling stake in "strategic" companies, as before, but in general any. Then the fact that I am a customer of a broker ITinvest, through which a few years ago on a sample of 100,000 rubles placed in stocks of all kinds of "Norilsk Nickel" and "RusHydro", will pull on the new rules for 3 years in prison. And I do not care that I had lost access to his briefcase with the exchange of passport 2 years ago. I do not even imagine how much interest he has since depreciated. I only know that, if desired, for the mere fact of his presence to me on some new law will be able to solder the 3 years of camps. Such is the international practice.

I do not think that the new law will somehow work.
In Russia in general no law is valued above the paper on which it is printed.
Since legislation on print four-layer rolls of toilet paper improved softness enraged the printer is not yet thought of, even on the swab ass poorly suited our laws.
If someone is willing to declare a foreign spy, agent natspredom, fifth column etc, for that did not require any new legislation.
It is enough to declare that a person stole all the Kirov forest, drank tap water and bought rubles more than the subsequently sold - thereby causing damage to the state in the amount of the entire transaction.
So the whole point of the adoption of new laws, which give reason to cling to the law-abiding citizens - only one. Once again remind the Russians that their case - to remain silent in a rag and afraid.

If someone has learned this lesson, superfluous horror stories are not necessary. And the one who refuses to be frightened every day again, they are indifferent.

So the bottom line - PR golimy Duma syavok trying to be noticed in the midst of all potsreoticheskogo frenzy that engulfed these days the party nomenclature.

Well, to hell with them. Send us a fine for concealment of nationality, and I recently made a bucket, there is a lot of space cleared for the new garbage.
Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting