Steampunk coffee shop in South Africa

They say, Cape Town, in South Africa, in places more British than Britain itself. I found one place and Victorian want him to show you. This steampunk coffee house «Truth Coffee», which sometimes gather local pros.

And, of course, here you can just sit and enjoy free vayfay. In South Africa, you know, with that little bit of tension. And, most importantly, there is a very interesting model of payment. Who will tell.

The first thing that catches your eye - a layout:

Funny tables (their edges are smooth, absolutely not cling - plate is wide enough):

Strange chairs:

Now look here on these vines hanging from the top:

This is the power cord. Very thoughtfully done - hang just above a meter above the tables. Connector - local standard for electricity.

Waiters in awesome costumes:

Since I teach English in this wonderful city, my mentors require that as often as I talked to everyone with whom you can. So I asked the waiter to hold a small tour - well, at the same time told him about distant snowy Russia, Habr, vodka and bears.

Turns out, it all started with the fact that a year ago the guys bought something like the former factory. Clean the empty space that could furnish whatever. And they was like this coffee:

Car came in our time straight from the 1940s, where she once used to slow roast coffee kayfno. The guys decided to start with her and arrange everything in the spirit of steampunk.

Then one by one - and now they already have lumped a number of interesting things on the shelves:

Here is the famous "Underwood" even there:

And piano music for the evening. I'm not sure, but it seems that in a strange mechanism:

Here's another waiter:

The coffee here is quite unusual. The fact that I usually choose tea when he is on the menu. Here it was not, and I asked for a coffee with a little Pirozhenko. The waiter asked if they need sugar. "Yes, of course, needed" - I say. He brings coffee, brings a whole basket of different types of sugar and said: "Friend, if not difficult, try coffee without sugar. Just one little sip. " I try - and ofigevayu of taste. He waited thirty seconds and asks with a knowing smile: "Well, we need sugar?" - "No, thanks." It turns out that they carry different kinds of grain 5 of 5 different countries. Fry them pootdelnosti, and then mixed in any proportion determined, it seems, by the techniques of the book «Cooking for Geeks» (by the way, I recommend).

Menu (1 rand - about 3-3, 5 rubles):

Institution outside. Note the hefty box: thanks to them inside the breeze on one side, and a nice screen reader twilight - with another:

And this is - probably could be the place for pointovok:

By the way, here is a very interesting model of coworking. The fact that South Africa is usually for a cafe given 50 megabytes of internet for quite strёmnomu Wai Faya. Given that in this coffee shop many work for half a day, it would be wise to introduce a fee while in antikafe or raise coffee prices to wild starbaksovskih. So, the yield was found easier: the first hour of internet is free on - pay. There is an opportunity to take something like the membership of the travel voucher. Overall, I was delighted mechanics: the usual coffeehouse for all-all-all with more than reasonable prices and, in fact, a cafe with payment for time for those who use it as a coworking. Given that I had my club board games just by model antikafe, visits were more than develop.

And a little entourage:

In the coffee shop, two disk phone, both are connected:

Generally, as a whole - is surprising study of small things from handbags waiters and ending all as decorated storage room. Just wanted something of the same with us. Judging from the collection, I think the cafe did not only owners, but this had a hand whether local IT-community, or roleplayers.
Yes, and just - there is someone on the communication from Cape Town? Sup>

And - all good Monday!

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/mosigra/blog/217541/

Tags

See also

New and interesting