They do not travel on our roads ...

Author: Almost two months of the summer I traveled by car. Passed more than 17 thousand. Kilometers on 22 th regions of Russia, through Ukraine and Moldova reached the border with the European Union. Then he traveled to 12 European countries.

So, returning to his native Siberian region, I felt a sharp contrast to the quality of the roads that lead to my small town of Tara, which is 300 kilometers from Omsk. Unfortunately, in the Omsk region of the road turned out to be the worst of all, overcome by my earlier avtosradah Russian, not to mention Europe.

In the cases I often wander in Omsk. Sometimes to 4 times a week. And many residents are often forced to Tara to go to the regional center to straighten some papers, with reports of coherence, the meetings of its production business, to the doctor in specialized hospitals, study, shopping etc.

From the road's life depends on a considerable number of people. I even think that in this age of the road traffic becomes almost a second home for humans. A good way to need and on the way to your main home, a kindergarten, a school, a hospital.

All this affects the mood of the people, the attractiveness of a town or city, determines the search for jobs and in general life choices. A banal saying two Russian misfortunes - fools and roads - is no less urgent.

Rarer is now our road from Omsk to Tara, the route of regional significance, it seems, enjoys the governor of Omsk. In the late 90s he came here by car, and in recent years the preferred helicopter. People sad jokes about it. Like, do not ride a high rank on this road, and that it is becoming worse year by year.

Going on a long journey, we always like to test with an unknown ending. 300 km of stress, constant voltage driving - how to not fall into another hole, do not move down into the ditch, not losing a wheel after another pothole, similar to the abyss.

And for good reason along the route there are crosses and funeral wreaths hanging. On the side - affected with jacks and keys, changing wheels and tires ditching spare wheel. The cuvettes - overturned cars. Parents sending students to Omsk, the biggest worry is for the move - or not a child will reach to the city without incident ...

Every year on this route, people are dying. Six months ago, the car version of where I work, too, had an accident. One journalist, Sergei Isayev, was killed, the other injured.

Shouting and bad at the same time, our roads become in the autumn. In the town of Tara all unpaved roads turn into a dirty mess.

However, life does not stop, people are forced to live here, and generally move around - something else to hope.

Villagers our Siberian hinterland and does not envy. They often need to travel to the district center - Tara - for the same securities, petition on pension matters, some breaks, subsidies. Buses do not go to the bad roads, because at least in the area of ​​roads covered with asphalt - only to near villages. Therefore, for example, villagers Litkovka go to town on milk tankers.

When we improve the road? The question is rhetorical. They talk about them constantly, especially before the next elections, and always in the future tense - "will", "planned", "build" ... And now we promise something. And the first in the list of the ruling party officials are just that promise the most, but do not drive on our roads.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting