Photo Contest Winners 2011 National Geographic

More than 20,000 photographers from 130 countries took part in the photo contest National Geographic, was attended by both professionals and amateurs. Winners were selected from among the winners in three categories: nature, people and places. Sikha Goh Indonesia became the absolute winner, and its amazing photo dragonfly in the rain will be published in the journal. Photos judged on creativity and quality of a special council of experts consisting of a biologist and naturalist Tim Laman, National Geographic photographer Amy Tonsing and nature photographer Peter Essick National Geographic. We bring you the work of the winners and some pictures worthy of respect and re-viewing. Comments for this picture presented by the authors of images.

Photo-winner (and winner of the category "Nature"). "I took this picture when photographing insects other than I usually do. I did not even notice this dragonfly, as my attention was attracted by other objects. When I decided to take a picture of it, all of a sudden it started to rain, but the light was enough. I decided to take a picture, regardless of the rain. The result was surprisingly enjoyable. I hope he will like the viewer. Batam, Riau Islands, Indonesia. " (Photo and caption by Shikhei Goh)

"I was on a photo safari in the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. It was noon, and we ran into a group of zebras, approaching the water to quench their thirst. Every few minutes zebra went into the water to drink, and then begins to panic, and they flew out like lightning. Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. " (Photo and caption by Marius Coetzee)

"Medusa floats at the surface of the water, as if trying to grab the first rays of the sun to its algae began to draw from them the energy. The coastal lagoon Maar Menor, Murcia, Spain. " (Photo and caption by Angel Fitor)

"Personally, I believe that in addition to the formal representation of reality, an intermediary which is a technical tool needed for capturing images in time, picture consists of an inner understanding of the nature of reality. Picture - the last part of photographing and easiest honor of the whole process. This effect pan with all its vagueness, color harmony background, unnecessary information and the lack of symmetry between the tail and horns impala cheetah - all this draws the observer into the thick of the hunt, without diverting his attention to anything else. Kenya, Masai Mara Reserve. " (Photo and caption by Stefano Pesarelli)

"Blue Pond famous resort. Where many tourists gather in spring, summer and autumn. However, as the pond freezes in winter here almost nobody comes. This is a photo of the first snow of the season, falling to the blue expanse of water. The first snow in late October. Why so blue pond? Because the background of all the "work" hot spring. This pond changes color every day. I think this magic blue and pure white snow just fine. Shades of nature itself. Biei, Hokkaido, Japan. " (Photo and caption by Kent Shiraishi)

Winner in the category "People". "One shot and the deer fell dead. Family Saami people living in Arjeplog, northern Sweden, had dinner tonight venison. Early autumn they kill a couple of his reindeer for food for the winter. Arjeplog, Lapland, Sweden. " (Photo and caption by Izabelle Nordfjell)

"Stephen" ST 2 Lettaz "Harris and David" Young Clova "Williams created a rap duo G-Side. I photographed them during their tour, when they were interviewed by a journalist on the fire escape at home in Manhattan. Photo responsible atmosphere in the style of "do it yourself" who entered the contemporary music scene. Digital technologies have played a major role in business strategy G-Side, allowing them to use the Internet to create their own fan base. In 2011, the group G-Side released a track called «Nat Geo». Manhattan, New York, USA. " (Photo and caption by Helen Pearson)

"A group of young people on the road Auburn in warm sunshine. This is a major part of my documentary project about the suburbs of Sydney. The project can see the life of the next generation of Australians living in Auburn, looking beyond the veil of mystery, which conceals this small community. Auburn - a small suburb in western Sydney seat justify many migrants and refugees coming to Australia. " (Photo and caption by George Voulgaropoulos)

"Young family in zombie costumes and makeup in Brisbane, Queensland. Every year, on the eve of Halloween people dress up in zombie and walk around the city to raise money for a charity in Australia, struggling with diseases of the brain. Brisbane, Australia. " (Photo and caption by Lisa Clarke)

Winner in the category "Places". "A beautiful rainbow after the rain in the green part of the island of Palawan, Philippines. (Photo and caption by George Tapan)

"Battle of the kites in a suburb of Santa Marta in Rio de Janeiro. For many years, kites were used by traffickers to inform others about approaching enemies. This place was a "military zone" controlled by drug traffickers, who are constantly in conflict with each other because of the drug market. Several years ago, Santa Marta was freed thanks to the peacekeepers. " (Photo and caption by Felipe Carvalho)

Once a year, Formosa fishermen spend their unique fishing ritual with sulfur and fire. This ritual passed down from generation to generation. Taipei, Taiwan. " (Photo and caption by Hung-Hsiu Shih)

"Space Shuttle« Endeavour »lands on the orbit to the east, while the star and crescent Journey to the West, leaving behind a beautiful otrozhenie water in Ponte Vedra, Florida. This is a photo from the 132-second delay doings last night flight of the space shuttle. " (Photo and caption by James Vernacotola)

"Rainfall in Bhaktapur, Nepal." (Photo and caption by Anuar Patjane)

Source: bigpicture.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting