Monuments Petersburg

10 prints

It just so happened that I was born in St. Petersburg and love this city. The city, which has not so long tradition, has already overgrown monuments. Monuments around which has developed its own history, traditions and urban legends. So 10 monuments and 10, respectively, legends, traditions and histories.

1) The monument of love. Carl and Emily.

According to legend Carl was formed, rabotyasch, but - poor. Emilia had the misfortune to love him. The parents did not approve of the choice of his daughter and therefore, hand in hand, lovers drowned in August 1855 in a pond in Sosnovka German settlement (now - Forest Avenue). In fact the same, Karl just shoot from Emily singly gun, and then (reloaded) shot himself. Punctual people, these Germans. Versions - a lot. But fact is fact.

The monument was erected in the square near the house number 22 on the street Butlerova.

2) Monument Gigee, patron of medicine.

Installed in the courtyard of the Military Medical Academy, and had stood at the intersection. Karl Marx Street and Botkin. Special legends behind it is not listed, apart from the fact that each year graduates WMA bronze brush her chest to shine and polish paste GOI. A tradition that is not broken. (Pigeons, stsuko on sisge have spoiled)

3) Monument to the famous traveler Przewalski Alexander Garden, near the Admiralty.

With this monument is due 2 legend. The first is that - the girl kissed a camel in the face at the base of the monument, be sure this year will be married. In the days of my youth girls there was even trodden path to the muzzle of a camel. 8 years ago a path paved with tiles. But the second legend intensively developed by the Communists, which is a hidden monument to Stalin. We could not believe, unless you know that the monument was opened October 20, 1892 But it looks like (especially in profile)!

4) Atlanta Hermitage.

This is, in fact, not even a monument, an architectural detail of the New Hermitage. On a student rumor, if not preparing for the exam, but held out for the thumb nail of the left leg of one of the Atlanteans, the exam is sure to be delivered. The disappointment is great. It is at this Atlanta and it was on this leg is the nail is missing - knocked splinter during the Great Patriotic.

5) Monument to Nicholas I-mu. One of the few equestrian monuments in the world, with only two points of support. So word on the monument cast yuh. Exactly. And in bronze. Someone from the foundry in casting tried. When the last restoration it was decided to remove the word yuh. While numerous commissions coordinated, time was lost, Building Restoration of forest cleared, and the word - left. However, very curious for 50 rubles will always give binoculars enterprising old man. However, it is possible to bargain. Personally, I vytsyganil his binoculars for 10 rubles, and even for our entire company.

6) Known worldwide Baron Klodt horses on the Anichkov Bridge. The legend is that a horse (or mare ???), very near to the Anichkov Palace (Palace of Youth, Pioneers, depending on the period of history), on the causal site profile cast of Napoleon. True or not - I do not know, as a schoolboy he often "included imagination," trying to see (you would think that I was personally acquainted with Napoleon during his lifetime) profile. But the people were constantly and pokes a finger, making photos. Something similar is.

7) Monument Krusenstern opposite the Marine Corps of Peter the Great. Each issue of young lieutenants dress vest navigator. The tradition was persecuted, sometimes exhibited guards, activists - were punished, but under any pretext vest in the morning was wearing. Now it is - institutionalized ritual. UIS ceremony even Governor Valentina Matvienko visited. Expensive I paid for it, to see how the governor polishes tits Gigee. I can not wait. Female chauvinism.

8) Monument Kirov. LMC on the territory, now the factory "Samson».

Remarkable in that the monument in bronze cast the word "devil", and on the spine of the book in the hands of "Lenin, Stalin»

9) Speaking of Stalin. When all the monuments to Stalin in Leningrad were removed, there was one, just one at Rzhevka, while still far-distant outskirts of the city, on stele- "propylene", but very many years was welded sheet metal. Now - open.

10) Oh, and a statue of Lenin in the Moskovsky Prospect. Here, I think, to explain nothing, and so everything is clear. Lucky view, they say ... Maybe .... Perhaps.

All ... There are more, but - and then ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting