As the shaman lives Kohl

Author: On the third day of my trip to Naryan-Mar, we were invited to meet with the local shaman Nicholas, enjoyed shurpa and fresh venison. They said that not only meet, but there is an opportunity to ask the shaman personal questions that you want to know the answer.

On the way to the plague of the shaman has a beautiful snowy place. Plague are five kilometers from Naryan-Mar on the shores of Lake Youth

They came to the plague. We were told that the shaman is busy. At the entrance to the tent of his master faithfully waits Laika.

Ten minutes later, we entered the tent and greeted us with a shaman. On the stove is already boiled shurpa shaman put us at the table. The first thing he started with is acquaintance with chum. A little about the plague: the tent is a universal dwelling northern people. This portable conical tent, the shape of which is adapted, suitable for tundra. The conical shape is the most comfortable, as a steep snow slides down the surface of the plague, without stopping, so if you move to another location without raking and cleaning the tent can be disassembled. The shape of the cone makes the home stable in high winds and snowstorms. Normally herders tent - Khanty, Nenets, Komi, Enets consists of 25-40 bars and a few covers that fit when moving on special sledges. From the number of poles (and their length) depends on the size of the home: the more bars, the roomy tent. Dimensions plague also depend on the financial possibilities of the economy and the number of family members.

Shaman warned us that the plague of the six powers can not be a bad omen.

In the center of the plague is an oven that is a heat source and adapted for cooking. The heat from the furnace rises up and does not penetrate into the sediments of the tent: they evaporate from high temperature. Near the chimney hung with reindeer skins for drying and subsequent manufacture of the skin to the tambourine.

Frameworks for drums with resonators. Production of diamonds - a complex multi-step process mainly hand-made. Which is called a trade, handicrafts. Mastery.

On the frame drum pull tanned deerskin (wet), dried, coated figures and that's what happens.

Brought with vegetables, fruits, venison from the hosts was the plague. Shurpa drank from the cup, the meat is bound to have hands. "If you went into the tent, then follow the tradition," - said Shaman.

Modestly but with taste :)

Furnace - the main source of heat. Over the stove watching tent workers, if the furnace is not traced, then after 15-20 minutes the temperature in the tent will be in the street.

Balagan - a definite place to sleep, laid by reindeer skins and with lockable top. Balagan in the tent for each set in a particular place. The parents sleep separately, chum-workers separately, children separately. The tent has a definite place to go or a step on which is strictly forbidden to all residents of the plague. Chum workers, mostly women.

Wash your hands in the tent - it's no problem, everything fit.

On the street there is a special place to keep reindeer skins. If necessary, they are sent to the tent to dry.

A shaman has two huskies - Smoke and Raven. The smartest dogs and good. In fact, in the picture, I smoke, and Raven.

Shaman talks about the power of the tambourine.

Often turn to shamans plague workers when they can not understand a particular issue, the shaman will not give up and tell.

Modern tundra.

Grateful visitors not say "thank you" and "thank you", so says the shaman Nikolay, and "thank you" have to say to women who gave birth to us and gave us life. Shaman no tariffs or taxes is not, it can reward the products, you can give yourself at least a penny, but the price he will not call.

After we got acquainted with chum, the shaman offered a little bit about us and what the future holds. He began his ritual.

In the next tent wedding took place, so the shaman walked back and forth in our tent it was in the national dress, the free.

After carrying out a special ritual, the shaman began to tell, and to be honest, I was blown away, tell me about my past and what is happening today, he saw almost all the moments of my life. Something had predicted, as I will not tell you :)

Time passed quickly and it was time to say goodbye to chum and shaman Nicholas. I am amazed by his abilities, his good humor and warm attitude to people.

Source: tinepoverish.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting