Make a notebook with your own hands

Author: So, my friend asked me to do him a notebook.
I decided to practice and make notes with a hiding place inside.
To cover the skin was chosen, but the style of the notebook remained a mystery to me (this is one of the biggest mistakes because if we undertook to do - design the first to the last screw).
Well, I'll start in the order.

Take the A4 paper prepared

We cut it exactly in half (across the street).

We get a stack of sheets, ready for the next stage of bullying.

She - a top view.

The same

Folds neatly received sheets in half.

Putting all the sheets get a neat stack, which can already be working.

She

We reserve the sheets, pressing them clamps so that they properly compacted for further research.

Top view

The next day we get here is just such a compressed stack.

Now forming units: take 5 sheets and put them into each other. We perform this operation with all the sheets.

Spread blocks more or less aesthetic beautiful order and number them in order to avoid confusion later.

All our ready-made blocks.

Take a ruler and pencil on the inner seam blocks set point - the place where the sheets are stapled. In this format, I digress from each edge of 1.5 cm, and the remaining holes are arranged in increments of 2 cm. Then take an awl and pierce blocks marks. On board I work podstelil corrugated cardboard, to not screw up an awl.

That finished stack, which is waiting in the wings - stitching.

We arm a long thread (this notebook took about 2.5 meters), a needle and sew blocks of our notebook together. I often use the technique of "Coptic binding" because I like it very technique and the beauty of the result.

Ready, "Coptic binding».

Here's what a whole block "face».

Coat with superglue joints so they keep tighter notebook.

While the dry root, let us important part - cache. For this I scratched old bag's wife and took out 2 magnets that will keep the cover of our hiding place in his notebook. Then he took a piece of cardboard and made a mark in the places where they will be part of the magnets.

Then cut with a knife at the upper part of the hole of the magnet and attach themselves to the sinners of the cardboard. The part where the stick "official part" of the upper magnet I taped another sheet of cardboard.

After that, I put a piece of cardboard between the magnets pages notepad in the place where the charted "cover" cache. And then just a few sheets of notebook stuck to the cardboard, do not forget to cut the holes for the upper part of the already fixed magnets.

Then he took another 2 pieces of cardboard and examples to those already laid down in a notebook the magnet, and said remaining part pasted magnitoderzhalki.

After this cardboard fixed to the lower part of the magnet between the sheets of a notebook like this:

Then there was the routine: the sheets glued together to form the "body of hiding».

It's time to mark the cache container and start the cut.

After many of the mat and the time (still lstov happened a lot and they are well stuck together, and lyrics were cut, but tight) got here I am here through the "window". Crosstown it temporarily, then this hole from the outside will close a sheet of paper + glue to the back inside front cover.

It's time to take cover. Suddenly I wanted to put on the cover of the speaker Ankh cross. To download pictures of the cross with himself and printed it, then gently (relatively) cut.

After that, the sample pasted on cardboard and cut out of cardboard has the Ankh.

Several times duplicated this simple action.

Then glue the "blank Anh'a" into one

From cardboard sheets (glued together on the double sided tape) cut two rectangles the size of the cover.

Select one of the boxes under the front of the notebook, the center pasted previously obtained Ankh.

Mogilko

Shredded old leather jacket and carved from it a piece of leather for the cover. The skin is spread on the board and place all of the cover 2 Pastedowns cartons and 1 for root

On the cover gently smeared with glue around the Ankh and push the skin to its subsequent fixation. Get ... see more) Plus secured the skin around the perimeter of the notebook. The result was, in principle, ready to cover.

I dug out of the old esoteric deposits amuletik Ankh and stuck it on the tab (tab was simple - the wife of a flat strip of skin cut from the same jacket).

Glue the other end of the tab to the spine.

Here

Voila! That's what happened in the end.

He, 2 double

Anh himself on the cover.

During the tests I realized Ankh otvalvaetsya nafig with bookmarks. I had to stop and bookmark that's the final result, which is waiting for its owner

ZY Photos cache (incidentally, fit exactly 2 matchboxes) I have all

Source: yad0ff.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting