Blog cosmonaut Maxim Suraeva

"Diary of a cosmonaut Maxim Suraeva" - a news event and vsekosmicheskogo nationwide scale. The fact that the first cosmonaut of the Russian segment of the ISS will orbit with the use of the site of the Federal Space Agency satellite images to post short articles and even cool superistorii. Helping him to place online diary will Roscosmos press service.

22 photos

Space smells!
Moreover, it is not a fantasy, it is for us all smell the same.
When we arrived to the ISS, docked, the guys from the station even checked the hatches, and we from the "Union" test finished, and its hatch otkryli- and the smell I immediately felt. Jeff (Uilliams- Ed.) I immediately said: "This is on-the smell of space!" However, the smell stayed only a few minutes.
It's even in a few words can not explain ... I remember as a child, you take two granite pebble and hit them together here so druga- smell space. Yes, Rome? That, and Romka same association.
I think this is probably the evaporation of residual fuel from the engine. I do not know whether there is a smell of deep space, but the space around the station smells exactly!

"Working days ...»
The crew of the ISS Russian Segment congratulates Russians passed prazdnikom- Day of National Unity and harmony!
It is true that we have on board 4 November was a normal working day.

The fact is that we are preparing for the arrival of the scientific module MIM-2 (MRM-2 launch from Baikonur is scheduled for November 10 s.g.- ed). Yesterday, laid cables for a new Russian module.

The station cables specially cleaned for the panel. So I spent all day and stretching cables for mime. Working days ...

"Sins of cashew ...»
I've got an interesting Temko is-our-board cooking.
I am, to be honest, not a gourmet and cooking. Names of the dishes do not know and I do not remember.
And here, we send from the earth banks. Sami- new judge for two different banks. One says, "Chicken with egg." Like, everything is clear, right? Yeah, and the second bank: "Omelette with chicken!" And what's the difference ??
Or else. It says on the tin "Gyuvesh." What is it all?
Of course, we can say here, they say, you are tasting in the world, you had to memorize. Guys, well, I'm not a cook! And they are not going to be. We have to Roman, the other guys, who have long been at the station to pull, "What's that? And it is possible to eat? "Mark and do.
Much send cheeses in cans. Here smotrite- one says "Russian cheese", and on the other - "Cheese South." Show me a man who knows how they differ!
Vaughn and Romka speaks- nothing. We have it, this cheese, warm, and spread on bread. Like toothpaste
However, the Americans also have their own troubles with a kitchen. They all alone on the banks of the name. If we, for example, there is a "salad of beets," and it is clear to everyone that our Americans, when you come, do not tell that to which the bank is.
But they have so-called "bonus containers". There can be put on the order of products from the store. And we are not allowed. They say, for example - can not be sausage. And why not? Americans can be, and is not Nam?
But most of us cheer transfers to US banks with products. For example, instead of "Vegetable pie" write "Gvoschnoy cake." A cashew nuts in general has become a "cashew Sins." We eat and sins. You can

For readers

Dear readers of the orbital diary!
I read your letters. Honestly, very nice, and I did not expect that it would be such a response that my thoughts and feelings would be so interesting to you!
Your letters and wishes me very inspiring, inspire to new reports from orbit!

"Trash" history
In the night from Friday to Saturday (from 6 to 7 November to Ed.), We almost met with a piece of space debris.
It was like this. On the morning of Friday the connection came MCC Houston. They say: "According to our data in the" red zone "of the station - about 1 km from the Moscow Cable Networks, will fragment measuring about 1cm.»
We, of course, tightened. Alarmed our American colleagues. In the "red zone" of debris had to go, according to the calculations of experts Houston, in the period from 03.48 to 03.50 overnight (ISS operates a universal time reference for Grinvichu- Ed.) That is, the guys from the American segment by the time needed to " move "in the Russian segment and take their place in our" union "(Russian" Soyuz "- the only way to rescue the crew of the station in an emergency - Ed.)
Houston ordered to close all the hatches in the US segment, to gather ... We also gave our PCO rekomendatsii- stuff pack ducts ubrat- sudden depressurization of the station there ...
Romka says: "Hurrah! I ran to pack! Faster would get home! "And so joyful, uskakal- missed home ... (Roman Romanenko spent on the station for more than 5 months, 1 December, he must return to Zemlyu- ed.)
Later in the afternoon MCC-H went out again to us: "Guys, until twitches. We all counted, possibly a fragment will pass. In any case, at three o'clock in the morning call and then decide what to do ».
I set the alarm clock, wake up. The Americans are talking to TsUPom. Those saying "Sleep on, a false alarm».
I contacted our control center. Our said: "Do not worry, everything is all right." We have there at all normal men are working, they will always find the right words and soothe. Thank them!
Here is a "junk" story is

"Vitamin continued ...»
Remember I told you about how Roma reared salad?
I also planted the seeds of lettuce.
Speaking precisely, landing is, of course, will not name. As such, there is no land in a greenhouse. They laid a special material, which is supplied with water. Most of all it looks like a seed germination when they are wrapped in marlechku.
Immediately questionnaire I anticipate in which direction they are growing? Everything is very simple. Plants are attracted to light. In a greenhouse, 24 hours running a special lamp. That's it, that is up, sprouts and stretch.
In my "vitamin" has emerged sprouts. The other day there was a conference with the scientists on this experiment. On Earth, people are surprised, because my seeds sprouted quickly and actively growing.

And, when I planted lettuce, I found the rest of the expedition some wheat seeds. And they also planted smuggling. I think they are missing on the world, they decided to grow
Therefore bystrenkomu

The X-Files ... »
I rukah- latest development in the defense industry.
The operation of this device is provided in two different modes. The first - to listen to our colleagues in the US segment. Sits in FGB and record all their conversations.
In addition, the device can be used to excercise skills defense in case of attack protivnika- aliens naprimer- on the Russian segment of the ISS.
Guys, I hope you understand what I'm kidding! No it is not a weapon and not the equipment for wiretapping, and the old pump (in the system of heat rezhima- Ed.), Which we replaced with Roma!

Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

The answer to the reader: "Peace to us only dream of ...»
My reader asked: "How is it in space, with peace, tranquility?»
Soothe here comes only when asleep in his cabin when there is no work
By the way, I want to note that, unlike Earth, where the muscles of the body will rest. Three hours can be quite normal rest, to bounce back.
For example, on the treadmill, I do.
Five kilometers probezhish- felt tired feet. Detachable, fly poltory- minutes and muscles do you return to the position embriona- pursed his feet ... Just a few minutes to hang enough to fully recover. And again, you can run.

About the sport to the ISS (part 1)
Astronauts everyday sports. Moreover, doctors recommend to sacrifice to these classes for two hours, plus thirty minutes to hygienic procedures after school.
One hour we run. Not literally, of course. There is a special treadmill that works in different load conditions. For example, yesterday I ran 10km, 6km today. If the path set in the "passive" mode, you have to push all the time, efforts. In this case, 10 km run hard, just 3-4 km. 6-10 kilometers you can run in active mode.
Again, because there is weightlessness, just running around the track will fail. Therefore, there is a special belt-vest, which attracts astronaut to the track on special rubber bands.

About the sport to the ISS (part 2)
On the US side there is a special power nagruzhatel. Very good simulator, everyone likes. Before we do, and the Americans were just ... what would it be called? Type expander. Now the station has full power simulator, with which you can train all myshtsy- arms, back ...
As you know, in space muscles almost do not work, the bones are not loaded and become brittle, begin to lose calcium. On Earth, even when you get up from a chair, is some pressure on the bones and muscles. And here- finger, little finger, ottolknulsya- and flew to the right place. Maksimum- little tense muscles of the buttocks. Particularly in space affects the major leg muscles.
That's why every day we are engaged in physical activity. We have to be uniform. After all, anything can happen, for example, some of the astronauts and cosmonauts hardly withstand overload while returning to Earth ...

Unique shots: MIM-2 in orbit!
Remember, on page 31, I promised to show pictures of MIM-2?

Unique shots: MIM-2 in orbit!

The answer chitatelyam- about religious symbols on the ISS
Readers have asked about the religious symbols at the station.
We have on board the Russian segment of four icons. Still there is a big cross and the Gospel (God's cross of the Lord gave Head Perminov Rockosmosa Patriarch Alexy II. Cross brought to the station crew "Soyuz TMA-8" in 2006 godu- ed.)

And I have kept in the cabin cross-reliquary. I gave him my father at Baikonur before departure. Father Job told that the reliquary kept a piece of the cross on which Jesus was crucified. My cross was blessed at the Lavra in Sergiev Posad. He will be with me the whole flight, and with me come back to Earth.

Happy birthday, Nicole!
Our colleague, a friend and simply charming woman November 19 birthday. Congratulations Nicole!
The entire station rests on fragile female shoulders!

Dobavleno1 in [mergetime] 1258621450 [/ mergetime]
Source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting