Excursion to the Naval Museum

I enjoy going to museums? I - very much! But do not always have the time / opportunity. Thanks to the Internet can be partially correct this omission.

Central Naval Museum - one of the oldest museums in Russia and one of the largest maritime museums in the world, located in St. Petersburg.
History of the museum started in 1709, when by order of Peter I founded the Model-camera (from niderl. Model-kammer - room models, storage of samples), where he kept the ship's drawings and models. Legislation has been enacted to systematically replenish the collection.

25 photos via nah-valuyco & upsya

In 1722 was published the "Regulations on the Management of the Admiralty and Shipyard", which read: "When zachnut that ship building, it should order that the master, who is building a ship, to make half-hearted model on the board, and this with their descent to the drawing on the ship , to give the College the Admiralty. " Such polumodeley XVIII century, made according to the "Regulations" to have survived about eighty.
Development of shipbuilding has led to the fact that shipbuilding steel model gradually replace the theoretical drawings. The collection has lost its practical value and in 1805 was transformed into a "Sea Museum».
In 1900-1904 gg. exposition was significantly rebuilt and enlarged. In 1908, to its 200th anniversary, the museum was named after Peter the Great.
From 1924 - Central Naval Museum.
Initially, the museum was located in the building of the Admiralty, and in the 1939-1941. moved into the building of the former Stock Exchange.
In February 1941, the exhibition was opened in the new halls.
The exposition is located in 9 rooms:
Russian Navy until 1917
Revolutionary Navy
The Soviet Navy during the Civil War
Fleet in the initial period of the Great Patriotic War
The Soviet Navy in 1942-1943,.
Fleet in 1944
Fleet in 1945
"Course of valor and glory ..." - After 1945

800 thousand. Exhibits. In 2010, the museum is scheduled to move Kryukov Barracks (near pl.Truda)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting