Old age ... 13 years!

When Briton Zara Hartshorn getting on the bus and asked to sell children's ticket, her voice trembling. The driver looks her up and down and starts to laugh, and giggle passengers sitting in their seats.

"If you're a kid, that I'm 21, - mocks her driver. - To deceive someone else, honey ».

7 ph and tragic story via down-house

Bowed his head and burning with shame, Zara turns and exits the bus. She returns home, dreaming of that one of your friends did not witness her shame.

"It's so insulting, - says the girl. - But it happens all the time. I can not get a child ticket on a bus or a discount on a trip to the cinema. When people see me in school uniform, they think I'm so dressed up for the masquerade. At such moments I dream sink into the ground, and the desire is there very often ».

Because of facial wrinkles, bags under the eyes and heavy eyelids Zara mistaken for an adult woman, but in fact it is still a young girl. When she returns home in tears, her mother, 40-year-old Tracy Hartshorne feels pain daughter like no other. They both suffer from the same genetic disorder, the fault which look much older than his age.

Disease called lipodystrophy, affects the subcutaneous fat and is accompanied by a rapid growth of the outer layers of the skin. Effective treatment methods do not exist, so Dawn and Tracy can only accept the fact that they look for a few decades older than his years.

Tracy realized that the youngest daughter inherited a terrible disease, when Dawn was just a few months. "I see the same symptoms in my two other children - hanging skin, gaunt face and wrinkles around the chin - the woman says. - But when she saw the baby's face is wrinkled and aging in front of me, it shattered me ».

Soon after the diagnosis, which already knew Tracy, doctors confirmed. Zara's appearance began to change with depressing speed. The youngest in the family, in its 13 years, she looks much older than her five brothers and sisters, even though the two of them, 21-year-old Jolene and 16-year-old Tommy, too, suffer from lipodystrophy. The disease struck the Dawn stronger than all.

"I could protect her until she was a little girl, but once it's time to go to school, then nothing can be done. She had to go through such suffering - lamenting Tracy. - Children in fact cruel. When Dawn was ten years old, her bullying exceeded all limits, and I had to pick her up from school ».

Classmates laughed, calling it "old woman" and "Grandma", rushed into her glass of lemonade and pushed on the playground. Zara kept bravely and doing her best to ignore the bullies. "If I can get away, then run away, - says the girl. - But if you can not, then we have to bite the bullet and suffer in silence. The main thing is that they did not beat me. "

Tracy tears for her daughter - is another reminder of the nightmare that she experienced as a child. "I try to teach her to be higher than those bullies who stick to it, but I know better than anyone how hard it is to cope with the emotional stress", - says the woman. She is well aware that in the future Zara awaits more complex and ill-test - almost guaranteed failure to arrange their personal lives.

"I always let men treat me disparagingly, because my self-esteem was lower nowhere - says Tracy. - If Zara will go the same way, my heart will be broken. This is such a terrible feeling miserable and - more than anything else to want your child was just the most common child ».

Zara also dreams are no different from their peers. "I feel like a mistake of nature - says the girl. - Not only the other kids at school, but adults look at me like I was a monster. They stop in the street and start staring ».

Her mother had to leave school at 15 years of age to avoid bullying. Tracy does not have the strength to continue their education, career so she could not do. Now the woman considers its main goal to ensure that the daughter did not repeat its mistakes.

During adolescence Tracy about her disease was known quite a bit, and she was treated almost worse than it is now refer to her daughter. "At home I loved, but at school started suffering. I was constantly teased, called monkey face "- says the woman. And the doctors could not diagnose - not enough knowledge and experience.

At age 11, Tracy tried to use anti-wrinkle cream, but it did not help. When she was 13 years old - the same as now her daughter - she had several plastic surgeries. Surgeons removed the folds of skin from the face and neck. "I was in seventh heaven, - says Tracy. - I felt like I became normal. "

But over the next few years the signs of aging become more apparent - the disease started to progress. And only then, doctors were able to diagnose. She learned that is destined to be imprisoned in the body of an old woman. "On the face appear more and more wrinkles, but now to list the shortcomings of my appearance and joined by more scars from plastic," - says Tracy.

Now medical technology came to a completely different level. So hope to return Zara Hartshorn shape 13-year-old. "Now surgeons can not just remove the skin, but also to make injection, it does not sag, insert the implants. My daughter can reap the benefits, which I did not have, "- says the woman.

However, doctors have national health care system already refused to work with Zara, because the experience of plastic surgery in patients with the disease do not have it. There are no guarantees that the girl's condition will not change for the worse, they can not give, not to mention the hope of success. And the money to pay for the services of private surgeons at Tracy, who lives on welfare and almost did not go out of the house, is not enough.

She hopes that it will be able to organize the collection of donations for the benefit of his daughter. "I was too late to help, but Zara's still a chance. I'm willing to grasp at any straw - says Tracy. - We must fight and the first thing to find a doctor who is able to help my daughter to overcome the disease, which deprives her childhood ".

"I just want to be like the other girls. I want to walk the streets safely, to me does not point the finger and laugh at me - said Zara. - I know it looks like an old woman. But I am a child! "

Experts in the history of surprises especially position Tracy, who knew how high the chances pass by inheritance is a terrible disease, but still became the mother of many children. "You can understand her desire to have offspring, to get rid of loneliness. But to play the lottery with genetics and condemn the child to the same anguish that engulfed herself - is unreasonable and inhumane, "- said the famous British psychologist Jean Gross.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting