"Nostalgia" from Lebedev

In the USSR, it was quite lousy. Now, when I'm writing on a laptop through the Internet directly vayfay their pathetic attempts to denigrate the history of a great power, it seems that the Soviet part sweet, pleasing, durable and romantic.

In Soviet times, it was the anecdote:

- What - buzzing flies, does not get in the ass?
 - Soviet machine to hit the ass.

That is, it was horrible. Nothing worked as intended. Alien was so steep in comparison with the Soviet, that is one kind of Latin letters led the people in a state of euphoria (the enjoyed Soviet Baltic republics).

Tobolsk, 1974. Typical cashier in a typical workplace. Scores were sure - they cashier cleverly deceived simpletons. Required saucer, rather, dessert obschepitovskaya plates, which put money.

Humanist tradition to transfer money directly from hand to hand, we considered the country a bad omen. Therefore, all the assholes like pennies from the saucer is still raking. By the way, on this basis we can determine the origin of the trade network. The McDonalds and Starbucks surrender always give into the hand of the buyer because the US networks.

24 photos via tema

Moscow, 1981. Top "Milk." This place, in my opinion, has not changed so far.

1983. "threw Gym shoes." Or "brought sneakers." In short, given some deficiency.

1986. The place - is the main type of pastime of housewives.

It was considered normal to ask a passer-by on the street, when he was holding a package, "Man, where the toilet paper was taken?". 1987.

1990. The line - this is the first sign of the presence of something.

1991 Empty shelves.

1985. If the passenger did not like the taxi driver what had happened often enough, the driver can use the words "park", they say, back in the taxi station, a ride can not. The fact that the driver never liked to carry passengers on the counter. It is for "two meters" - with pleasure. That is why today in our country totally developed culture of official taxis, but it may be quite a ride any car - normal people are not as heady as taxi drivers or drivers of "Volga".

In general, the world of taxi drivers were completely separate. I was in Odessa, an old bombed told how in his youth he had to pay a bribe Zhiguli, a taxi driver to get a place at the Odessa airport. In Zhiguli hoarded all the relatives for many years, and he tipped the attachment of six months.

1986 telephone. Powered by dvuhkopeechnyh coins. Free caused by fire, police, ambulance, gas. In winter, the tube was very cold, the ear tired. According to the rules needed to dvushku say no more than three, it seems minutes. But you can complain though two o'clock - no tariff existed. However, all could express discontent. (Two buildings in the background are the streets around Ogareva, which is now called the Newspaper lane, which is now my studio.)

Here the model is cut off at the bottom - a problem zassannyh booths was incredibly important.

Ssali literally everyone because public toilets almost was not. The Soviet people did not want to use the toilet. And cafes were rare and did not had to keep open his push. Stations were located not so everywhere to radically solve the problem of pissing

1986. Typical newsstand. Inside - a set of sad shit, like several newspapers, a pair of pamphlets, very bad pens and posters with Lenin. The concepts of "buy something to read" did not exist. The newspaper took for the crossword puzzle, read a book from the house was.

Any fines constantly failed between the counter and glass kiosk this model - there was enough space for the fall, and the lack of detail in width for a hand.

New items and best sellers of the book market.

Once we are with my best friend arranged an experiment. It was in the shop "Melody" on the Garden. We bought a record speeches of Lenin. She had a beautiful large red envelope. And they rose up to the plate at the door of the store. We began to approach people and ask what we sell.
 - Lenin's speeches - we answered.
 - Okay, guys, really, what? Deep Purple have?

"With hands" could buy a lot of things, but there was so much money.

Policeman. The money is not taken immediately, I need a little pougovarivat. Motorcycle yellow, like all machines Cop. Previously, they were yellow.

If you stop the traffic cop, you have to get out of the car. It is not written anywhere, but it's necessary, otherwise you insult him terribly. I think that anyone even had not occurred to talk with the cop sitting in the driver's seat.

1990. A series of rooms at MKM stands for "Red Banner Moscow police." So far, this series is hung up on Cop cars, as well as found on all fire engines in Moscow (fire since been a part of the Ministry of Interior).

Russian beauty.

Stand "Teacher's Newspaper", theater posters (genre was still alive), and the ad "Mosgorspravki" on Kutuzovsky Prospekt. 1986.

1987. At the booth of "Truth" - "News". No one took offense.

1986. If you live in Russia, look out the window and calculate what proportion of domestic cars to foreign cars. Previously ratio was 100: 0.

1987. The street butcher. No vyebyvaetsya, no bags did not exist. A piece of meat is wrapped in the paper.

1987. Private traders sell herbs. In the visible sign barber shop logo Security - "service life". All barbershops, laundry and dry cleaning of the country belonged to the service.

1988. Community "Roux-perinatal" has not yet been established, forums network is not, and there is no network. Mobil also has not yet invented.

1993. Against the background - advertising Coca-Cola. Tobacconists on Pushkin Square. The letter "B" in the inscription "Tobacco" is clearly made of "D". Still alien, Marlborough in Mordovia do not yet learned. All goods are sold with strange inscriptions, no one tries to translate them. Laws that consumers familiar with the contents of the packages in the native language has not yet been taken.

I am sure that the Soviet Union collapsed because of the VCR, jeans and Coca-Cola. More precisely, due to the fact that it was not in the USSR in the required quantities.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting