Stay alive

Beautiful sunny day you go for a walk to enjoy the outdoors. You know about the one hiding place, hidden from prying eyes. You go light, and do not intend to stay there for long. A couple of bottles of water, sandwiches, phone and MP3 player - that's all you need to relax. Time flies, and now almost dark. You decide to go way back, and on the way home you fall into a crevasse at a depth of 20 meters. You have a broken leg and you can not move. The phone does not work, the water is running out, the food is almost over, and it seems that you will not last long. What should I do in this situation? How strong is your desire to survive?

Yossi Ginsberg
"The most difficult moment was when I realized that I'm all alone»

Yossi in the company of three friends went to the Amazon jungle in search of an unknown tribe of Indians. The campaign was not easy, and the atmosphere was tense. As a result, the group disbanded. Ginsberg stayed with Kevin and the other two, and Marcus Carl, part of another group. During the descent down the river on a raft, Ginsberg Kevin lost control, and the raft fell into the waterfall. Kevin managed to swim to shore immediately and Ginsberg for a long time swept by the will of the flow, miraculously escaped death in a waterfall. The next 19 days were full of Ginsberg tests. One night on Ginsberg jaguar attacked, but he managed to scare him off, thanks to insect sprays, which he used as a flamethrower. Termites haunted him, and he had to use his urine to scare them away. He ate fruits and eggs of wild chickens. He survived the flood and nearly drowned in a swamp. In the end, it was a search party found the locals, who organized the Kevin. Unfortunately, Marcus and Charles never been found.

Steven Callahan
"At sea, I always remember that people and all mankind are negligible in comparison with nature. It's such a wonderful feeling - to be obedient »

Steven Callahan went to the Canary Islands on a small boat, which he himself had built. Six days later, the boat sank because of the fact that at night faced with something unknown, and it seemed to Stephen possible with a whale. Stephen moved from a boat on the 2 meter liferaft.

He spent 76 days at sea, survived the encounter with sharks, numerous sunburn, holes in the raft and physical and mental suffering. He hunted with a spear on fish and shellfish caught birds. He lost a third of the weight. He was able to hold out on the water for 33 days after his raft began to flow, and as a result he was rescued.

Colby Coombs
"I just closed my eyes and ignored the pain»

In June 1992, Colby Coombs and his two friends to climb to the 5304-meter Mount Foraker, which is located in Alaska. Mountain avalanche caught them by surprise, and they fell into the trap of snow. Coombs and his friends were demolished snow flow down the mountain at 200 meters, and fell right on the glacier. Remained alive only Colby. The following 6 days Colby moved toward the camp. With a concussion, a broken ankle, two broken cervical vertebrae and shoulder blade he went 5 miles across the glacier and reached the camp. He continues to climb, and to this day.

Eric Le Mark
"I remember falling in the snow, looked at his feet and thought they had lost their»

Eric Le Marc, a member of the French Olympic team in hockey, got lost in the Sierra Nevada. He spent in the mountains 7 days. Being an avid snowboarder, he was in a blizzard, when coming down from the slope of Mammoth Mountain in California, Storm knocked him right direction. He did not manage to find a way back to the dark, every day he went deeper and deeper into the forest hoping to find a way.

All that he had - a mp3 player, snowboard and proper clothing. He ate pine nuts and bark. He melts the snow and drank water. With snowboard in the snow, he dug a small shelter to spend the night. He began hypothermia and frostbite legs were black and purple. He fell into the river and nearly fell into the waterfall. In the end, Le Mark managed to find a radio signal using the MP3 player, which he used as a compass. Unfortunately, doctors amputated his legs above the knees.

Tami Oldham Eshkraft
"When the sea rises a strong wind, he raises from the surface of a fine spray of waves and so many of them, it's like a snowstorm, and you can barely see anything»

In 1983, Tami Oldham Eshkraft and her boyfriend, Richard Sharpe, went on a 15-meter sailing from Tahiti towards San Diego. During the trip, they got into a hurricane category 4, followed by a 17-meter high waves and strong winds, blowing at a speed of 100 km \ h. Their boat capsized, and Tami was below deck. When 27 hours later she regained consciousness, she found that Richard was gone.

Alone and mourning his friend, he thought, that hope has left her. However, she decided to give up. Girl paved the way for the stars. Hawaii located at a distance of 800 km. She was able to fix the gear and adjust the sail. She had to economize on food. 41 days she struggled to survive until swam to Hawaii.

Ricky Migi
"If you ever have to drink their own urine, first refrigerate it. It is quite unpleasant to the taste »

Once Ricky stopped to help a couple whose car had broken down. The next thing he remembered - that's what woke up in the pit, covered with rocks and mud. Apparently, it had to be his tomb. Later, he claimed that his drugged and robbed. Next 2 months he suffered from the effects of drug poisoning and malnutrition. He ate only leeches, lizards, insects and snakes. He was forced to drink urine, since all the puddles dry. Before the incident, he weighed 80 kg, two months walks he lost 40 kg. The man who found him, insisted that Ricky was like a walking skeleton.

Aron Ralston
"Judging by the deterioration of the situation in the last day, I'll be very surprised if I live until Tuesday»

You could amputate his own arm with a dull knife in order to survive? Aron could not. May 1, 2003 200-pound boulder crushed his arm and practically trapped in one of the canyons of Utah. Within 5 days of Aron hoped for salvation, but after food and water ran out, he decided to desperate measures. He used a boulder to smash the bones and then he used his 10-inch blunt knife to cut the muscles and tendons. The process itself took about an hour. He then under the scorching rays of the midday sun walked to his car. On the way there he was met by his family and drunk water until rescuers were getting to him.
For these dramatic events of the film was made "127 Hours."

Bethany Hamilton
"Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart. This is something of which made this little devil »

November morning in 2003 Bethany Hamilton went to the beach in Macau, Hawaii to surf. At the time, she was only 13 years old. She swam on the board, hand over hand in the water. Surprisingly, the 15-meter tiger shark attacked her and bit off his left arm to the shoulder. Rather than panic and drown girl swam to his friends rowing with his good hand and managed to warn everyone in the water of the danger. After she was helped to shore, the girl immediately taken to hospital. Despite this incident, she continued to surf the next month.

James Morrow
"I think my head was so deep in his mouth that almost hit him in the throat»

45-year-old James Morrow had to go where very few people want to be - in the jaws of a crocodile. Morrow has been diving off the coast of Florida. He straightened his outfit when the alligator grabbed his throat and 15-20 seconds brutally shook him before you leave alone. Fortunately, James saved his friends, sailing past the boat. Alligator managed to bite one of the lungs, and traces of the canines were on the whole head, chest and throat. During the attack, he was able to strike the throat alligator. Fortunately, a mask for snorkeling saved him from more serious damage to the face.

Kuta Show
"I thought it was all over, I thought I was dying»

Working as a guide to hunting, Kuta Shaw helped a group of hunters in Wisconsin. They stayed in the hunt for three days. When the show was sleeping in a tent, at four o'clock in the morning on a polar bear attacked.
"At some point, his claws were on my neck, I felt his breath, then he removed his paw and started jumping on me, I think he hit me at least four times," - says Kuta.
Fortunately for him, another hunter had to kill the beast. The show has received multiple injuries. He suffered multiple lacerations and bites. Subsequently, at the head of Shaw imposed more than 300 stitches to keep the scalp.

Source: ibigdan.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting