Cambodia one day.

Going on vacation and looking to Southeast Asia through «Google Earth" accidentally stumbled on a bunch of photos on Cambodian territory near the town of Siem Reap. Interested. He began to view, and, to put it mildly, surprised. Why do I not know this before? Here it is, the temple, no, the whole complex of temples in the jungle, scattered over a vast territory, and all the more beautiful one another. From cartoon about Mowgli. Photos fascinated. But to go on holiday in Cambodia - stremnovato. Too little information. We decided to neighboring Thailand proven. And from there take a tour. The country is very disheartening. Maybe someone will like it reads, but the congress. Highly recommend. In general, as I saw it.

Photos and letters, and my network. Sources:

kambodza.ru, photofile.com.ua, wikipedia.org, indostan.ru and others.

50 Photos. Already doterpit.

1. Prior to the customs brought to the car and handed over to the guide.
The customs office of Thailand and Cambodia is very vain. A lot of people, a lot of trucks. The procedure for the transition took about forty minutes.

2. This picture through the rear window. We drove stylized gates in Cambodia.

3. Further, just over an hour by car to the city of Siem Reap. Along the way, the driver stopped to refuel. Gas. Frankly, I had no idea that there are self-made gas refueling. The photo shows how through the compressor the gas is supplied from the tank to the vehicle.

4. Siem Reap met some of red dust, chaos on the road and portraits of leaders.

5. driving past the bazaar. Immediately surprised abundance of flowers.

6. But then realized that tomorrow - Chinese New Year. And, obviously flowers for the holiday. Now I can easily screw up somewhere in the conversation: "Chinese New Year caught me in Cambodia»

7. The hotel is just a great surprise. It's true. Without a photo, for not advertising. The view from the hotel to the crossroads, and the road to the temple complex.

8. The same evening.

9. In the morning drove the guide, and drove off. I'll tell you only about the four temples. I wanted to say, the most memorable, but can not say so. Perhaps the most striking. In order.

10. First - the farthest. Banteay Srei Temple-(Banteay Srei). Located about 25 km north-east of Siamriapa. Banteay Srei was built in 967, the Brahmin Yadzhnavarahoy with his brother. The creator of the temple was the grandson of the king, the ruler advisor and educator (guru), his successor - Dzhayyavarman V. Name of the complex - "Citadel of Women" - given to local residents, as There are many images of the divine demigods.

11. Banteay Srei was discovered in 1914 by the French and rebuilt in 1931-36 years. anastylosis method by pre-dismantling and rebuilding parts with the addition of unpreserved. So this wonderful temple is in good condition. It is small - the height of the main sanctuary is only 10 m.

12. Bright pink limestone reliefs - the most exquisite Khmer art. This rather solid material keeps its shape and allows you to create three-dimensional designs.

13. Banteay Srei often referred to as a precious pearl in the necklace of Angkor.

14. The thread is unique and has a generally religious in nature.

15. Next. Ta Prohm Temple (Ta Prohm) fact that, for what came. The special peculiarity of the temple of Ta Prohm is that it is not specifically restored to show visitors how to look Angkor when it was abandoned and absorbed in the jungle.

16. Tower crushed his multi-ton tree trunks and galleries roof sagged under the weight of huge roots. There have filmed the movie, but I do not remember.

17. Trees. To say that the great - a little. They are stunning for its size. This is me, a little.

18. Effective fascinating.

19. Ta Prohm - is the modern name of the temple, in the construction in the 12th and early 13th centuries it was named Radzhavihara (Rajavihara) (in the lane. Royal Temple). The temple was built by King Jayavarman VII and was originally conceived as a monastery and university of Mahayana Buddhism.

20. The temple is known not by its size or importance, but a state that is as close to that in which it was found. It is here that you can feel the atmosphere of a city lost in the jungle!

21. Map Ta Prohm. Typically, this temple is teeming with tourists, and strongly recommend to visit him in the evening, when the main flow of tourists falls off!

22. Next Bayon (Vauon) is located in the center of Angkor Thom. This is one of the main attractions of the complex. It consists of 54 towers, each of which has four faces. These towers are located at different levels and have different heights, so it seems that, no matter where you were, those faces looking at you.

23. Bayon, Khmer closely follows earlier models with their pyramidal towers, walls covered with reliefs and cosmological plan. The central spire of the temple-mountains have to go into the ground to a depth equal to the height of its spire rising into the sky.

24. Many of rough stone plane Bayon were once painted and gilded, it is now decorated with carved doors dull, and at the top of the towers of gold and silk fluttering flags - generally created a spectacular and colorful composition

25. Unfortunately, because of the imperfect technology of construction, the temple gradually destroyed. However, despite the structural problems and the next few rearrangements Bayonne today fascinates with its mysterious atmosphere. Particularly intriguing are numerous towers from which we look at the huge carved stone faces

25 5. I could not pass up.

26. Finally, the most famous temple of Angkor Wat (Angkor Wat)

27. Angkor Wat - the emblem of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the greatest temple in the ruins of Angkor. This temple is preserved much better than other constructions of Angkor. Built during the reign of King Suryavarman II (1112-1152) and dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu, Angkor Wat is the largest religious structure in the world. Its total area is about 2 square meters. km.

28. The temple is a complex three-tier structure with a lot of stairs and passages. The temple is crowned with five towers - one in the center and four around the edges of the roof. The height of the central tower is 42 m and the total height of the temple above ground level - 65 m. The central tower represents the mythical Mount Meru, which according to Hindu mythology is the center of the world.

29. Along each level are gallery. The second level gallery decorated with sculptures of goddesses - celestial dancers, the total amount of which - about 2000.

30. Here is the main entrance to Angkor Wat. Here is a bridge over a huge body of water. The left side - the original bridge has been preserved since most times, the right - the restoration of the bridge of new stones

31. defies the imagination the enormous scale of buildings and building complexes was carried out at the peak of the power of the ancient Khmer civilization. Official historians believe that more than one million people live in this city, and it was the largest city of the time. Angkor Wat surrounds an artificially created body of water, which harmoniously complements the central temple.

32. After all this splendor - we were invited to meet the sunset in one of the churches on the hill. Besides us, there was still a lot of people.

33. All the pictures of the sunset.

34. But the sun has set in the mist and sunset failed.

35. The next day, we drove to Lake Tonle Sap. Along the way, we asked to stop at the beautiful lotus field.

36. Incredibly beautiful.

37. At one of these here boats on the muddy brown water channel.

38. The place of captain. The cable on the right of the steering wheel - the gas pedal. Pressed foot.

39. Past bazarchika

40. Past fishermen

41. Through the jungle

42. They went out to the lake. Tonle Sap Lake (translated from Khmer - "Big Lake") is the largest lake in Indochina. It is associated with the Mekong river of the same name. The area of ​​the lake, depending on the season, ranging from 3 thousand. To 10 thousand sq. M. km. Almost the entire country is a plain in the valley of the Mekong River and Tonle Sap Lake.

43. There was quite a lively village.

44. In the side - the administration building and a paid toilet

45. Suddenly, our piece of plate given a leak. But the captain was in place.

46. ​​If you had quarreled with the neighbors - you can easily move. Away Home "new Cambodians."

47. People are returning to the market.

48. And by the sign "Do not drive a wave", went back.

49. Here, next to the umbrella of Coca-Cola, you can see the overpass of plastic bottles with gasoline. Also fueling. I thought only for scooters. But no. Breezing even decent "Bobby»

50. Well, actually, and all. Farewell Cambodia.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting