Travel abandoned power station

Due to the increased interest YaPovtsev to all kinds of abandoned places,
I decided to create a collection of photos of abandoned coal plant located in Toronto (Canada). Contact the person who wished to distribute his name, in their own interests
(Although an abandoned power plant, but is still private property and any penetration into its territory, on a fairly strict local laws is a violation), I received from him
a large number of photos with description and comments. I have selected are only the most interesting.
(35 pics + text)

A bit of history:
Station R.L. Hearn was opened in 1951. She worked as a station on the corner. In 1953, to the already existing stations have been added 4 blocks. Initially, the station produced 100 MW but by 1960 it had reached its maximum capacity and producing 1200 MW. It consumes while
136 274 824 liters of water per hour. By the early 70s began to raise the issue of the environmental part of the activity of the station (it is within the city limits), and by 1983 this issue was resolved by closing power stations. As previously mentioned, despite the fact that the station is considered closed, and it is still owned by
Ontario Power Generation, and any intrusion into its territory should be consistent with the company. After the closure of the station, it was decided to demolish it, but for unknown reasons was demolished, only one of her block, and he failed to finish. With him, perhaps, we will begin our journey.

The station occupies a fairly large area. The first thing that catches the eye, it is a dilapidated block with felled
on the ground turbines and huge iron funnels in which apparently falling asleep when coal.

Funnel to sleep near the coal.

Within a radius of 30 meters roll various parts. In particular here, this part of the water pump.

Just pootdal is part of the turbine generator. The size is quite impressive.

Going further we find a few remnants of the turbines.

Another part of the unit.

And this is very similar to the turbine engine.

Finally, we find the entrance into the station and follow the sign to hurry.
Stairs overgrown with grass. To everyone's surprise, the door is unlocked.
The sign on the left of the door reads: "The western entrance to the station»

Go through the door, we were in the so-called waiting room, where the idea is to sit watchman.
The building felt damp.

Then we go up the stairs. Inside, the feeling as if caught in a horror movie.

After rising to the second floor we get in enough light rest room for the staff station. Front door - a dining room.
As luck would have it is closed, but can simply lock jammed.

Following further ... there is a room with two outs. Apparently it is a room of the observer. Around which the devices.
All this is reminiscent of what the office of Homer Simpson

To look into the first door is faded and ... surprise ... All around are so many devices ...

But all this is when the work ...

It looks very impressive!

In the same room there is a remote stop turbine generator in the event of fire.
The inscription on the tablet reads that in case of fire should only stop the turbine in which the fire occurred,
To avoid damage to the rest of the turbines.

Control generator â„–1

The device shows the production capacity of the turbine.

Back in the room we entered an observer to a second door, where we got to the heart of power, or rather the turbine
hall.

Unfortunately equipment was dismantled. We could contemplate a huge empty hall.

Around one only metal stairs, endless transitions from one level to another and the iron trash remaining from the equipment.

And here is a piece of a piece of iron, I found me, reminded me of the severed hand of the huge robot.

We went down on the first floor of the station. The floor was littered with pieces of a circle of iron.

Something where all this stuff was sketched piles.

Here is the turbine hall below.

It looks big enough.

On the ground floor we came across another remote control. Only this instance did not look quite impressive.

... While all the tumblers and buttons on it are preserved ...

Coming back we saw at one of the stairs just such a barrel.

And it's part of incomprehensible machine ...

Some columns have survived buttons.

And on this wall hanging devices of unknown purpose.

The second tier stations we expect another surprise. It seems the former boiler room.

Part of it was completely destroyed ...

This ventilation agrigat ...

Coming back, we decided to climb to the roof and take a picture from there.
Thank you for your attention! I hope you liked it!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting