Photography - a hair's breadth from death

Forget the camera with a remote control or hidden in the rocks and the trees lenses. Jonathan Griffiths prefers to take pictures of yourself and, at a distance of a few centimeters from the wild beasts.

15 photo A Close Shave

1. British photographer Jonathan Griffiths risked his life to make these shots of lions, bears and other predators. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

2. The 32-year-old photographer endured 40-degree frosts Canadian forests and steppes, to win the confidence of each of its "model" for two or three days. In the photo: the snow leopard. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

3. He beckon their food - mainly chicken to photograph closely. In the photo: American Badger. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

4. In this picture you can see the power of the king of beasts, lashed out at his camera. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

5. And in this photo Tiger decided "to breathe" in his lens. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

6. Jonathan from Egrema, Surrey, got the camera just two years ago - on the birthday of a bride to take pictures of their newborn son. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

7. However, after spending some time at a local zoo, Jonathan decided he wanted to take a picture of predators in the wild. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

8. He went to Canada, where he was staying at the reserve. He woke up at 5:30 am and went to the mountains in search of snow leopards, wolves and panthers. He was accompanied by a guide, and soon Jonathan managed to capture wild predators in all their glory and grace. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

9. "At first I was nervous as had never before had I been so close to wild animals - says Jonathan. - And after all of them can expect anything. " (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

10. Jonathan worst moment was when he came face to face with the panther. "I was so scared. I thought that she could attack me at any moment. " (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

11. "It's a real adrenaline rush. You are so close that you can see the saliva dripping from their fangs. And I do not believe my own eyes. " (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

12. "My family thinks I'm a little crazy, and always worried - what if something goes wrong. But I do like to approach them as close as possible to make pictures of different plan. " (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

13. His project lasted 15 months. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

14. Yeah, when you look this fall that could swallow the camera, rejoice that you see it in the photo holder only, and not live. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

15. Siberian Tiger in the snow. (Jonathan Griffiths / Solent)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting