Parks and fountains of Peterhof

The Peterhof went to the "Meteor" - highly recommend this route, just half an hour with the wind and you are there (in the bus a long and hot). Dispatched "Meteora" straight from the Hermitage, but consider two points: 1) if you do not buy a return ticket immediately, the chances to go back the same way drastically reduced 2) if you buy a return ticket, the chances of not much more - on the ticket does not specify the time, hence all the tourists may decide to return to the last "Meteor" at 17:30, and there are only 120 places Well, you understand.
Via
24 photos

Parks and fountains of Peterhof are beautiful, it becomes clear who inherited Vorontsov, Potemkin and others. Princes, who built their palaces in the Crimea Unfortunately we had all day walked only half of the entire complex, but in the grand palace, even did not go - there was a huge queue of tourists (Sunday because). Especially surprising the Italians - that they want to see the new work of Italian and French architects?

Actually I'm a big palace, and did not seek, as I have said, I do not like pomposity. Here's the house I liked more.

I think that all also know that all these fountains operate without the pump, due to the natural fall (in Ropsha altitudes have lakes, which hit the keys, there dug channels, the total height difference of 70 meters). Now, 5 years ago I opened a tour of the caves - where you can see the fountain system of the device and get to the exit by the fountains (there are usually not allowed). I recommend.

Some Germans did not manage to destroy, that this figure of a dolphin - the original pre-revolutionary (what year - I do not know). Stored there, in the caves.

Humor Peter I-st ​​was monotonous at Peterhof placed here and there fountains, firecrackers, whose only task was to pour a guest suddenly water. For example, here is a tree:

One of these fountains set in a grotto - on the table a dish of fruit, while trying to reach them, turn on the water:

Just before she jets outwards rather than inwards table

By the way, remember these two comrades, pouring water from a sink? They are at the top of the main staircase.

The water pours down, just out of the grotto:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting