Cult bus aka "Livestock"

The author writes, razonar:

Not a fancy name, rough, LiAZ was not like that.
You know, I'm not that old, but I remember some of the things that have almost disappeared, one of them Liaz-677.
Here it is:

I'm not going to talk about the technical characteristics and other boring mutoten. If interested, something about this car is very detailed information on Wikipedia.
And I want to tell you about the times when I did not have a car, and when a big part of my life took place not in personal cars, and "cattle».
Frozen, hungry and tired, you're always waiting only his, because only such buses went in my town, but the taxi was not even thinking now more comfortable buses are quieter, but LiAZik remain forever in the memory as a cozy, warm place.
Yes, let him rattled doors and half body panels, but did you know that there is, on the sides of the cabin in ducts running smelly, but the warm air. And you pouyutnee wrapped in his jacket ala "boomer" or her, put his feet on the box where the warm air flow and warms you home.
And the rocking, rattling metal he drove you home.

And when I was a kid, the shop became a coveted spot next to the driver, remember, that is about the hood, this podium studded sindeponovym blanket served as an armrest for the driver.
Now do not get such a joy, not a bus, and then we could sit almost next to the driver cool and fun to look through the huge glass on his maneuvers was still relatively empty city.
And at each stop, the driver lifted the cover and with a straight face, fingered and looked, what is inside.
This interior of the bus is often filled with all sorts of foreign-gasoline exhaust.

In general, drivers' animal transports "were special guys seem new machines have no one moved. For such work in the form of coins under seal, all pendants and posters can be found only at drivers ZIL.
And what a greasy threadbare toy whose ass sticking sickly light, connected to the brake lights, the driver was just a work-art.
How it fascinates all children.

Of course the driver does not hit the design refinements, but I assure you, I never what for so long and carefully watched the instruments, "cattle."
One device does not give rest to children's mind, I still do not know what he was showing, but apparently the oil pressure or was it an economizer, but when you press on the gas, his hand miraculously deflected.
The driver casually flipped the switch speeds, such melenko lever sticking out on the left. Oh, how I envied him at this moment.

A rear area, is just a godsend, another paradise salon.
Its rounded corners and create comfort reminiscent of the old amusement.
For there can be moved up and down, thanks to the air suspension, such amplitude, which would have envied roller coaster. What it was great in an empty bus standing on the rear platform to kiss girls ...

He was so sweet, he even moved cute, sudden acceleration or a breakneck pace, tired of these machines could not wait.
Check the hill, loaded the bus was like attraction, straining engine roaring under the puzzled faces of the passengers, he crossed any steep slope. And it seemed that even a little bit, and the entire adult male population, "cattle" will have to go out and push it to the end of the climb.
But he almost always went.
And just now, I found out that was hidden under the hood 7 liter "eight".
Then it seemed that the engine had on the plows.

Yes, I'm probably getting old.
Progress goes on, and it's good, everything has changed for the better, but it should always be a place in my heart for expensive things.
And I know that at night when everyone is asleep, and there are no cars on the road is his last route bus offensive called "cattle».

I know that in some cities are still living, but in my town, "my" LiAZ anymore.

via ru_auto

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting