Under the ice (11 ph)

Glaciers fascinated Eric when he was very young, and the last five years, he photographed the unknown and forgotten caves in glaciers. His dream is to make the perfect "ice" picture helped him to travel around the world - from Patagonia to Iceland.

Source

1. The 30-year-old Eric Guth from Portland, Oregon, in a glacier in the Swiss Alps on a pilgrimage to the places visited by the famous Swiss scientist Louis Agassiz Jean.

2.He regular lives for a few days in the glaciers, where temperatures can reach -20 degrees Celsius. But even the threat of pneumonia, frost and ice collapse can stop this intrepid adventurer.

3. "I live in the caves of 4-5 days. Some of them are very tiny, and I can examine them for an hour, and on other research takes several days, and I want to explore every turn and corner. " Photo: Mendenhall Glacier in Alaska. Melted ice cascades drips from the bottom surface.

4. In the Mendenhall Glacier in Alaska. "This little cave the size of a pantry - one of my favorites. Its walls are illuminated by solar light reflected near the entrance. Although the ice itself looks ragged, he really smooth and even, in some places up to three meters thick. Dark areas of the thickest and lighter around - a place where the sun could get through. White lines - cracks formed by the pressure. "

5.Kuzen Eric Galen Bilge is in the melt water of the glacier de Bossons in Chamonix, France.

6.Erik is in a cave in the National Park Los Glaciares National Park.

7.Drug Eric Justin Gardiner Explore caves in the National Park Los Glaciares National Park.

8.Dzhastin Gardiner runs an icebreaker in the glacier in Argentina.

9.Fotografiya made in a glacier in the Swiss Alps.

10.Dzhastin Gardiner explores Glacier Cave National Park Los Glaciares National Park.

11.Erik Guth sets the camera in Iceland.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting