Tour of the Cuban auto industry

Picture Story about cars on the streets of Cuba via blindmonk

So I began to get to the photos from Cuba. To say that Cuba has made an impression on me - I will not say. She struck. I always appreciate life with what I know. But they live in Cuba - I still do not understand. Life in Cuba is simply worth it. The years do not go, and visco groan in a whirlpool of time. Around New York all the time run on the go eating, reading newspapers and work. Here you can spend the whole day, and only empty bottle of rum and smoke cigars 1-2. And the day you sink oblivion.

11 ph

1. Around Havana passing completely different cars. Perhaps it is most famous for and Cuba - the fact that it is easy to get in the past, in the '60s at least, as if to drive off from the city, which still uses the plow, you can get there in the 19th century. But the gleaming American car industry, thanks to local craftsmen, so hold on to the course. A fall occasionally in sight Russian Volga and Lada make a picture for the simple Russian man in general, and the psychedelic incredible.

2. Havana looks as if her long decades, to planes bombed daily. Something like Dresden after air raids. We can not say that Havana - the capital. Capital must be at least cleared of debris and does not have such a terror in the streets. But that's what makes Havana Havana.

3. The old luxury American cars still on the move. Cubans themselves manufactured parts for these machines, because no American manufacturer will not support its auto industry is so outdated.

4. Machinery basically repainted and many flowers were not there when these cars were produced in America. So these bright colors - a distinctive feature of American cars in Cuba.

5. Some cars and taxis are reminiscent of some horror movie. Nothing good trip in this car does not portend. By the way, what kind of brand - really Buick or some lost brand?

6. The center of the city (just behind the Capitol) look like a post-nuclear war.

7. Also the center of the city, the street parallel to the Capitol. On the street a lot of strange debris. And, of course, on the Soviet habit, no one steamed.

8. The view from our window. It is a pity that in ordinary homes often do not have a roof, and practically no air conditioning. For normal to feel in Havana - it is necessary to be born in Cuba.

9. motorcycles and scooters, often Chinese, are found on the streets everywhere.

10. Since the gas station - this is something from the future, a real brave Cuban gasoline carries with him on his way to fill your clunker gasoline.

11. Repair shops are often located on the street - in fact, it is likely that this machine will stay there for a year or two. Everything is done so slowly that life in Cuba really will not move, even if years pass around

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting