Submarine "Argonaute S636"

There in Paris Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie, and in it - a very original museum - Submarine Argonaute ...

Writes photo-pf:

Here is the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie, when you come out of the subway. To get to the boat, you need to enter the building, and on the other side to get out of it. The boat will be left.

Submarine Argonaute (S636) - is a diesel-electric submarine project «Aréthuse» and the fourth ship of the French Navy.

The boat was launched on October 23, 1958, and served as the flagship of the Toulon division submarines. During the service the ship spent more than 2,000 days at sea, including more than 32 000 hours (1300 days) under the water, walked 10 times around the Earth. July 31, 1982 the boat was removed from the Navy. After lengthy discussions, in 1989, it was decided to convert the boat to the museum. Since 1991, the boat is in Paris La Villette park.

Samu boat towed from Toulon via Gibraltar to Le Havre along the coast of Spain and Portugal, then the boat slowly made its way past the canal locks of Saint-Denis, and when she reached the quay on the canal De L'Ourcq, the boat lifted out of the water giant crane, then transported up to 96 wheel trailer place the present dislocation.

Part of the stern and propeller

Type of boat

Much scope for boat - 3D cinema.

Periscope, or rather his first (outer) portion was removed from the boat, but it is in working order, and it can be seen, while in the building of the museum.

Another view of the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie. As I wrote above, to get to the boat, you will have to leave the building.

Today, the boat can easily pass from the stern to the forward (torpedo) compartment of a deck, to see the bridge and the captain's cabin, the place of the periscope and radar detectors, kitchen and living crew compartment, engine compartment, which for natural can smell the oil.

Many things you can touch, touch, twist, put on headphones radio operators.

The exposition begins with the feed compartment.

In some places, instead of iron plates inserted into the glass, so you can see what is hidden in the floor or wall.

Everywhere you will be accompanied by information boards in French and English. You can take the audio guide.

A little bit later regretted not having taken this wonder device (audio guide) because I do not know French, British special terminology, too, and understand the purpose of a device to civil, land has been quite difficult and could only guess.

Judging by the smell of oil and the devices remotely resembling motors, we can assume that there is in the engine compartment

Judging by the smell of oil and the devices remotely resembling motors, we can assume that there is in the engine compartment

Move me with my height (186 cm), it was extremely difficult, the transitions from section to section is not necessary to bend over slightly, in some places the boat two people with Turda to miss.

In some places that serves photographs of crew members who have served on this boat.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting