Photo-excursion on the Vatican

24 photos via vovsun
Vatican City - "city within a city, a country in the country", is located in Rome and is the seat of the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church. If you describe this place is simple - it's a kind of fortress in the heart of Rome, which is also a separate state. There constantly live about a thousand people, which serve as the Catholic Church, it is interesting that there is a citizenship of the Vatican at the person as long as he works for the church, if he goes - he is deprived of citizenship. I wonder if he has no more than any other nationality, it is automatically "light" Italian citizenship. I invite you on a photo tour of the Vatican.

The line that you want to defend that to get in any tale to tell, nor pen describe. People stand for a few hours, many people come here not only to the museum, such as we are, but it is a pilgrimage to the holy places. In the morning, we just decided to walk around Rome, and in the evening, after the concert, we were able to go to the Vatican Museum. Surprisingly, we did not stand in line, just came and went, before the closing of the museum was a couple of hours. Opposite the entrance to the museum hangs this sign here, I read somewhere that it's some dude travels the world and hangs an old computer game characters.

Queues were not, but the people inside were decent. On the escalator going up, there you check things, buy a ticket and go inside. The cost of the ticket can not remember, but not very much. At least once in your life you need to go here, so in principle, it is possible to pay for the ticket any sane price.

After the "ticketing" you get to the courtyard.

I noticed that the Vatican knows that such caps. Capa - rubber piece inside which lay cables on them can walk, ride on cars, not only cars, but also trucks. E. It will not only protect the cables, but also safety measures. Using a cap - a sign of good form when carrying out any installation work, organizing events and activities. In our country, end caps are rare - one segment of a capacitor (80 cm) costs about $ 300, so we often use mats or force down from boards semblance of a mouth guard. In general, the usual means at hand, and sometimes just throw the cables.

This is on the inner area.

We have already gone into the "palace", which is the right of the previous photo. Inside there is a courtyard.

The head of this very familiar, where she saw and who is - I do not remember. Who knows, please add your comments.

Inside - a long corridor with antique statues.

Here is another "antique room".

From a window overlooking the courtyard of the Vatican.

In one of the halls, apparently falling plaster, local craftsmen have built just such protection for travelers.

Here we are, in many respects, because Sekstinskoy Chapel, reach inside her is not so easy and quick.

It is forbidden to shoot and talk. All of course removed and talking. I made one frame (honestly), because I wanted to look at a fragment of the Chapel, where your fingers touch each other's characters. I would appreciate if someone tell you that there is meaning. In the photo we see another 4 cameras and spotlights infrared light.

Another shot of the courtyard, already from another window.

And another picture inside the Vatican.

As far as I remember school lessons, written here in 1931 from the Nativity.

This staircase leads to the door already.

2011 © Text and photos by Vladimir Filippov.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting