Noise?

Hello, dear friend!
I have to you have a small request - Turn off your favorite Winamp (Aimp, ayTyuns, or what have you shaking the air) and listen. Do you hear? Here now, I've heard, I heard the roar of coolers constantly banging hard drive squeaking power supply.
One day I said, 'I've had enough! "And has begun ... As a result, I removed the system unit 10 meters away from the table with a monitor, mouse and Claudia, in a completely different room.
But first things first.

I want to warn all that I did, I did himself, in his spare time to the total revenues of his mind and rarely asked for help friends or relatives in a very not typical for me situations. I forgot to say, the line of duty I'm an accountant, but yes, that's right, in the 25 years I have been doing is not a man's job, but this topic is for a single post. What I talked about his profession? I'm tired of prejudice against accountants by AyTi'shnikov, they think that we can only button on the sistemnike press, tea spill on the keyboard and a network drop. But no, not all of these.
When I have suffered, I'm sorry, boiling.

And so, let's start:
Initially, with the noise of the system unit, it was decided to fight, first comes to mind, and the easiest way - replacing radiators and boxed coolers on that be less noisy. No sooner said than done. Replaced became quieter, but far from what I painted in my imagination.

13 photos + text.

Then one day I was helping someone prokleivat vibrikom Shumkov and his Lada Priora svezhepriobretennoy. And then it hit me. To take away the remains of other material, they have him unnecessarily, and the next day began to wrapping his experimental. Enough exactly what to paste over all round the system unit. And so the entire floor in shiny scraps, I'm all smeared with some sort of black viscous substance, but very pleased with the work done run their "lumbering monster." Taaaak, well, it was much better, but again it is the notorious "but", the result is still far from ideal.
Take in the hands of school course books with electrical, wire cutters, wire coils of the Soviet and the same rare tumbler with UAZ, waiting until that moment his fate in "bins Motherland", which is on the balcony. These bins, by the way, I have not just help out.
And so we learn that the PC's power supply is not only the 12V, and several other useful me stress. Weigh on the switch to 12 volts 5 volt wire, divorce, all this economy all present inside the system unit cooler, drill a couple of holes in the body, simultaneously making light switch, check ...

Now, when you switch tumblerochka fans roar noticeably quieter. In this embodiment, the computer worked for a few months. And then came the moment when my friend got a new iron product of the gaming industry, and along with it the first toy - GTA4. And what do you think happened? Sistemnik went into thermal protection within 15 minutes of being in a virtual game world. And I already got used to the barely audible hum of the fans did not want to cut in them to the maximum. Resolved - that option was only a temporary measure, it is time to move on.

Having read all sorts moddingovyh forums, it was decided to fence a liquid cooling system with their own hands. Already purchased copper plates of different thicknesses, connections in "zakramah" orksteklo found. One is not the most beautiful day with a sortie to the regional center for spare parts, the design phase and the establishment of the CBO, I stumbled upon a ready option. And then I'm disappointed in him. Pump pump liquid rumbled almost more than my original version of the computer. And the difficulty in replacing flowering water, possible leaks and other little things I pushed the idea once and for all.
Returning home, I held a second look at a small nook of his apartment calling Dressing. Here it is - the solution to all my problems.

Chisel and hammer in my hand, twisted pair of queens on the neck and the power cord to the meeting. Grooves, drill, break, stretch, compress the. Put outlet. Rejoice. And here I was faced with an almost unsolvable problem for me - half-meter thick main wall separating my desk with the monitor on the place of future dislocation sistemnika. Here I come to the aid of a loyal friend to pobeditovym meter drill and hammer. Thank you, Felix, without your help, I'd still be scratching his head and wondering how prodernut wires.

Once again we appeal to the "bins" and find them 3kg filler. But trowel and korytichko been found. It does not matter, we use what is. Plastic card proved an excellent replacement trowel and spatula.

Zapryatyvaem wires proshtroblennye grooves, obscure and once again rejoice in the result.

In some places it was necessary to pass the wire under the floor. No problem. Parse the laminate, again cutting grooves. Close everything back.

Torn off the plinth, paving the wires behind them.

We put in place a plinth

We put all kinds of sockets at the future workplace and silent invent wall bracket for USB hub, (plant manufacturer somehow missed the opportunity of such of its fastening), pictured it black.

Put the system unit in the allotted place in the dressing room, connect, run.
At this stage, there have been some problems with the monitor as the distance between it and the computer of approximately 10 meters, and the picture was, to put it mildly, crap, and the maximum resolution is not exhibited. The problem was solved soldering additional wires to the ends of the empty VGA connector (Chinese, apparently too lazy to do it or saved). Connections were also replaced with collapsible me.

Well now it feels. Everything is connected and working. As an audio amplifier using an old tape recorder and Sony home theater speakers. There are subwoofer kilowatt, but the neighbors against.

Pros:
You should have seen, in which guests are bewildered when they see a working computer and watch system unit.
Now I do not turn off the system unit, torrent threshed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I do not interfere with background noise to watch movies, especially at low volume at night.
I do not get angry and do not be distracted by the cod from the hard drive.

Cons:
If you suddenly switch off the light, we have to walk a little, that would include the system unit.
I have no CD \ DVD on this computer, blanks I write over the network to another sistemnike. But it happens so rarely that it is even difficult to call minus

And you will not believe! It turns out that the monitor too noisy. But I have to clean it or where I shall not.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting