My knives

I lay out some of my work on the assembly of the knives. Say at once: my blades are not manufacturing, and the rest - the fruit of my own, I hope, not very crooked hands.
32 PHOTOS

1. Blade ShKh15 (forged bearing) slightly pereslesaren me, that is not drawn on the CW. Performance characteristics of the blade (length, width, thickness of Obukhov) 112h26h4, 3 slopes - concave lens, reduced to 0, 4. Handle: bolster the purchase of bronze-casting, Blackwood, brass, bone, birch suvel. Installation vsadnoy on epoxy impregnation - linseed oil finish - tung oil.

further

More

Posted in [mergetime] 1302780750 [/ mergetime]

and

2. In general, if brief - was a man from a hunting knife. "Berkut".

Worse there, whether it be good - a minor matters. Importantly, it had broken. Not all of course - one of the linings of pin cracked and fell off a piece with tylnika. I took repaired. Repair - Read alteration. Material has decided not to try the most famous and running - Sapelli. Looking ahead to say - use the one that remained, and perhaps this is enough!
The process began with the cutting of the bar in half and stick marking the future, then drilled halves, synchronized, then walked lobzing, obdiring, shkuring all this interspersed matingom and otplёvingom, as well as a heap of dust every vytryahingom all places in the body and clothing. Then there was skleing and other finish.

In the end - it has grown, it has grown. Mounting on epoxy and relatives brass pins shortened (for extra. Longitudinal fixation), over - mosaic pins own making. Toning: 2 layers of non-aqueous walnut stain. Impregnation: linseed oil + beeswax + carnauba wax. Finish - tung oil.

3. In general, once a long time ago, now deceased father-in (God rest his soul!) Built the plant a couple of kitchen knives. Steel is not known (the magnet, but does not rust, needle files chewing difficulty), design (if the words somehow this did not know!) - Horrible ... they lay somewhere in the back of the pantry until caught my eye ... I wish not thought to remove the "source" to the restyling, but his older "brother" (practically a twin, only bigger in size - waiting for their turn!)

... It was so

4. Bought somehow I have long knife. Nothing special - vorsmovsky Damascus handle suvel + elm. Then I decided to dress it and to correct myself a little wedge to your liking. What (1st photo), and that was, plus some working moments in the photo report. The result piknichkovy worker.
TTH: length 240mm, wedge 122h29h2mm. Handle - bronze, leather, brass, Blackwood, karelka. Impregnation toadflax + bee + carnauba finish - tung oil

... Preparing new elements handle

collect

to peel and grind

and ...

... Get

5. I do not know - like who, with his wife and I are lucky enough that with regards nozhemanyachestva! Do not grumble, do not swear, on the contrary - a lively interest and encourages! So I decided to make a present sheynichek. In the autumn, when the guys in Lobnya at Forge coterie, was gifted with a wedge from the blacksmith Denis. He then, handing me svezhezakalenny wedge, took down Diamond bar and laughingly said, "Ha, you can start grinding right now!" At home, I jokingly praised, yeah ... grind I had DOOOOOLGO ... In general, what if the garlic, so doshlifoval and not least to the state of satin - risks remain here and there, but after etching in the eyes do not catch.
So: the total length of 168mm, a wedge - forged bystrorez 72h19h2, 6 to Obukhov, mixed by zero, baiting in ferric chloride. Handle: boxwood and walnut, bronze to bolster, fiber and brass in the spacer. Sheath tentatively-experimental (around) the skin 3, 5 mm, insert - a thin, flat waxed thread suspension - braided leather cord (black and brown), karabinchik.

ZY Now imprisoned - confident sbrevaet hair

And finally - one of the most extreme works. Alas - I broke the camera down, so he asked his friend to take a picture exhibition, so the little gallery.

Blade ShKh15, rhombus, handle stabilized sycamore, sheath - leather (knob), painted and impregnated with wax, brazed enclosing a stray bit of embossing on the sheath

All finished!

Posted in [mergetime] 1302781624 [/ mergetime]
Golte is not thorough, it suvel - too posh stuff on the ground - the handle of it!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting