Volkosob

In the Sverdlovsk police have a unique beast. Volkosob looking for explosives and maintain order. The first thing that catches your eye - foreheaded "smart" head and narrow muzzle, uncharacteristic for ordinary dogs. But Gray - and so is not an ordinary dog, he volkosob - a hybrid of a wolf and a German Shepherd. More precisely - Permian volkosob since brought this hybrid in the Perm Military Institute and now is planning to call it a new breed.

15 photos + text via Natalia Shcherbakova

02. A little over six months ago, he joined Grey "at the service" in the zone center of the dog expert service GU MVD of Russia for the Sverdlovsk region, and is now the sole representative of the breed among the four-legged assistants to police. Gray took care of virtually since its childhood, senior inspector-canine group training senior police lieutenant Stanislav Chastikov.

03. Gray - from the first litter of experimental "union" wolf (the mother) and the German Shepherd (father). The experiment was started over a decade ago in the Perm Military Institute and, unlike similar projects abroad, he was successful.

04. An individual who has taken as a basis, different natural anomalies - loyalty to the people what the wolf is usually not found. It was her unusual quality is transmitted to all offspring, - says Stanislav Chastikov. - If properly educate volkosoba, it will be the ideal service animals.

05. The qualities that make Gray and his colleagues for the perfect service, it is, firstly, a sharp nose, and secondly, longevity. Wolves are stored for 10 thousand smells more than a dog, this feature was passed and volkosobam. In addition, compared to dogs, wolves - real centenarians in captivity can live 25-30 years.

06. Gray is now ten - for the service dog is the retirement age, and for volkosoba - the prime. More volkosoby easily retraining.

07. Gray, for example, was initially trained to search for explosives, then switched to search frames in oil pipelines, and now returns to its original specialization.

08. Another important quality that distinguishes volkosoba from the wolf and making closer to the dog - the lack of confidence in man. Yet this does not mean unconditional love to people.

09. - In Gray, like any other wolf, there is a feature on the level of instinct - "checking for lice." Me he checked a couple of times, but I did not blunder, and the second time responded rather harshly - literally had to give him in the face. But I showed character and strength, and now I'm for it - the leader - said Stanislav Chastikov. -And If you give up the slack, it will put a man on the bar below them and can become unmanageable.

10. From the Grey Wolf and his colleagues have adopted another instinct - Stein. They have enough to exchange glances with each other, to act cohesively as a single mechanism.

11. Despite its uniqueness and almost perfect quality, while Gray will be the only four-legged volkosobom among employees of Sverdlovsk militia. At least, plans to take "at the service" of the new hybrids ZTSKS there - all employees of the center are now engaged in "traditional" dogs.

12. - Volkosoby in the internal affairs are not widely used, and we took Gray purposefully to find out what they are in the work, - says head of the zonal center Cynology Research Affairs of Russia's Sverdlovsk region lieutenant colonel Oleg Vanichkin.

13. - While eyeing. Given the fact that he is old enough, show itself is only the good side. But I must pass at least a year so that we understand how it works in different situations.

14. By the way, Gray (though so far only "eyeing" him) rely solely responsible job.

15. Thus, it is to maintain order during the celebration of May 9, he was on duty in the underground and worked during Dmitry Medvedev's visit to Yekaterinburg in February this year.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting