Villain Zlodeevich in big trouble!

A sad news ... Zlodeevich villain, the hero of many interesting photo reports (Villain Zlodeich and Small Zlodeichi already peeking out of the hole!) Igor Shpilenok of Kronotsky Nature Reserve, in big trouble ...

Writes Igor:

The day before yesterday evening with his family (wife and two younger sons) I was walking along the beach near the mouth of the Kronotsky and noticed strange tracks like the fox dragging very heavy production. We went on the trail, and after a hundred meters found a piece of fishing net in which confused fox. The animals die first I did not even recognize Villain, so he changed his usually full of energy eyes. Muzzle poor guy was swollen, his eyes covered with dry sand. Judging by the tracks, the struggle with the network was more than one hour and a fox no longer had the strength. He did his thing for salvation dragged network of area quickly arriving ocean tide, but more was beyond his power: a thin nylon cord pulled tight around his neck. The miracle that he was not found infested bears here: within a radius of one kilometer around grazing and fished eight clumsy.

We have placed on the unfortunate jacket and holding his face and paws, with a knife cut the rope around his neck. But Zlodeich could not even stand up at once. Half an hour he lay as if in a coma, and then tried to crawl to fresh water to drink. It had happened, he threw water and it became a little easier. At this time, we began to approach a bear, and it was evident that his approach is very concerned about the helpless fox, because he could hardly move. We have gone from a bear, and Zlodeich crawling over us. I had to chase away a bear shot signal cartridge. We have the fox guarding the two hours until dusk thickens. We had to travel by boat to the cordon, to which about 15 km along the river and in the dark it is not easy. We went to the boat, foxes plaintively looked at us and then tried to get up and go for us. It happened. He dragged himself to us thickets of tall grass and crawled into it.
The next morning I arrived at the estuary, was looking for a half-day villain, but to no avail. I had to go back to the cordon, where I was waiting for not only the family but also the research staff of the reserve, but in the evening I again reached the estuary and do not know what miracle has found a villain. He huddled in a closed niche of grass in the river near the cliff where we parted yesterday. Hardly got to meet me, his neck unnaturally motionless, his hind legs wobble, it is clear that he is suffering greatly.

I am in one of the wildest and most inaccessible parts of the world, where is a strict reserve regime. But here, nature sometimes defenseless. The long arm reaches for the environmental irresponsibility of people here and in the form of emissions of the sea. However much I'm burning during rounds Coast Reserve scraps of nets and ropes, each brings a new storm. Near the Reserve there are areas of intense fishing of marine fish. Approximately know how many marine animals are killed in the "walls of death" - in drift nets on the high seas. It turns out that the networks are able to kill and land.

Our country, towns and villages, land and sea littered with debris and waste. We suffer, our pets are suffering, suffering nature, wild animals. We must learn to live without garbage, it is not very difficult. Learn how to clean up after themselves and, if necessary, and others. Push to it those who do not notice the problem, force those who do not want.

And let us hope that the villain will get out ...
Zlodeich
(Pictures Andrew Shpilenok)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting