Cell Phones

I warn at once - the information came to me from a source that can not be verified. Over one hundred percent accuracy of not vouch, but a certain grain of common sense in that there.
So.
Several large companies-developers and handset manufacturers have started (yet) informal negotiations to develop a new concept of mobile devices. The essence of this concept is to make a single standard phone modules for subsequent assembly in a free set. That is because now collect PCs. While the development time are not specified, but the intentions are serious enough.
The idea came after the market research, which showed that the devices are used at 40 to 70% of their functionality. And many buyers would be happy to buy a machine with only those functions that they need. Let's say I need a fairly powerful communicator with the Internet, text editing and shockproof case, but I absolutely do not want to overpay for the camera, touch screen and other svistelki- perdelki. I go to the store, pick up his body, modules and operating system. Through nekotrye time (say a day or two), I take a mobile phone where there is only what I need. But the fact that there is no there can be established, by taking into account that the motherboard was taken "with a stock". After all, no one bothers to go to the store and buy a new video card? The same will happen with the phone ... By the way, this phone is much easier to find if lost or stolen. After all, it is no longer a faceless machine and piece goods can say ...
As for the operating system - there will also be a choice between proprietary and free developments. Everything depends on the level of customer queries.
I'm curious to know your opinion on this issue. What do you think, whether it will be popular? What pros and cons do you see in this approach? Personally, would you buy this phone?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting